Talk

Advanced search

Stop logging me out!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

(24 Posts)
ilove Fri 12-Nov-10 09:20:56

I have the "keep me logged in" button clicked. I#'m not navigating away from the site. Yet I keep having to log in! Driving me mad...Tech, what have you fiddled with now that you shouldn't????

AdamTech (MNHQ) Fri 12-Nov-10 10:40:02

Sorry! You should now find that it will remember you're logged in.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Nov-10 10:40:48

me too

ilove Fri 12-Nov-10 11:39:55

I just had to log in again - gah

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Nov-10 11:42:21

May I suggest you delete your Mumsnet cookie, restart your browser and log in again.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Nov-10 11:48:46

you may suggest it - whether I could actually implement it is another matter entirely!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Nov-10 11:52:43

Okay what operating system are you on (I'm guessing Windows). Go to your find menu on the bottom left - find cookies. It will show a list - find the mumsnet one, click it, hit delete.

Close Internet Explorer if you haven't already. Now restart it. Log back in.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Nov-10 12:00:13

Windows Vista & Chrome.
Nothing came up when I did a search in the little box at the bottom of the start menu.

But thanks

AdamTech (MNHQ) Fri 12-Nov-10 12:21:40

This problem should now be vanquished. Let us know if you're still being logged out.

giraffescantdancelikeannw Fri 12-Nov-10 12:26:07

Been finding this too, thought it was just me. Will see if its better now

ChasingSquirrels Fri 12-Nov-10 12:26:41

nope, still happening

ilove Fri 12-Nov-10 14:03:15

AdamTech, you are lulling us into a false sense of security with your vanquishing aren't you. Just because it is Friday does not mean we won't nag all weekend you know...

SlightlyJaded Fri 12-Nov-10 14:16:09

I'm being logged out too. Have deleted cookie to no avail

DanceInTheDark Fri 12-Nov-10 14:17:34

It keeps happening to me too. Happened twice today.

My cookies are deleted automatically when i exit firefox so its not a cookie issue.

eatyourveg Fri 12-Nov-10 14:34:51

I've always had it. Thoroughly annoying

AdamTech (MNHQ) Fri 12-Nov-10 14:44:17

If you clear your cookies, that will log you out. If you wish to stay logged in when you close your browser, you'll have to make sure your cookies for the Mumsnet site don't get cleared.

ilove Fri 12-Nov-10 14:49:23

I'm not closing my browser. I'm just browsing mumsnet. sulks and goes off to do the school run muttering dark thoughts about time wasted logging in and in and in all day!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Nov-10 15:25:46

It is quite funny that you are all getting so antsy though wink

Adamtech you have my sympathies but if you have done a code change and they have not logged back in again since they will still have the problem - no? confused

AdamTech (MNHQ) Fri 12-Nov-10 15:36:36

If they haven't logged in since the change was made, it's possible that they don't have the "remember me" setting set. I've checked for a few people posting about it not working here, though, and it seems to be working as far as I can see. It's entirely possible that it's something else though. We'll keep looking into it. Sorry for the annoyance caused by having to constantly log in again.

RustyBear Fri 12-Nov-10 16:25:30

Mine's OK again, now there's just the question of the mobile site having gone to the text-only version....

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Nov-10 17:39:17

whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bunch of old wimmen <mutters> grin

serenity Fri 12-Nov-10 17:43:16

I was whinging about it via email yesterday, but strangely enough, now that everyone else is having problems today, it seems to have sorted itself out for me smile I've managed to stay logged in all day even with navigating away, and logging off the net entirely at one point.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Nov-10 17:46:03

<has not logged in for well over a year emoticon>

ilove Sat 13-Nov-10 14:30:30

It is working for me now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: