Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

C word campaign - cervical aspect

(2 Posts)
BelaLugosiNoir Fri 24-Sep-10 20:35:58

Hi MNHQ
It's really great to see the latest campaign. Can I ask who you're getting from Jo's trust to answer questions about cervical screening? I work in a screening lab and spend a fair bit of time on here answering cervical screening questions, so I have a few concerns about how/who is going to be answering the questions.

There's also a couple really useful resource to promote in relation to screening.
The NHS cancerscreening website, which has recently been updated. The cervical section has videos on all aspects of screening and leaflets, DVDs with braille and sign language, and 18 languages available to download.
The BSSCP website, which is run by the colposcopists' organisation and has lots of useful info about abnormal results and treatment.

My main concern is how the issues of the age that cervical screening starts at and when screening is appropriate. The people working in the screening programme spend a lot of time educating HCPs and the public about this and I would hope that the Q&A will support this.

BelaLugosiNoir Fri 24-Sep-10 20:37:10

My main concern is how the issues of the age that cervical screening starts at and when screening is appropriate will be dealt with.

oops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now