Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Round up?

(18 Posts)
addictedisgettingexcited Fri 30-Jul-10 17:59:42

i didnt receive the round up this week, and i dont remember reading it last week confused

i know i am on the list to receive it because i was and then it stopped and you sorted it and it started again, but it seems to have stopped again. confused have i done something wrong?

mumonthenet Fri 30-Jul-10 23:16:55

now this is odd addict, because the same thing happened to me a few months ago. MN towers told me to reconfirm my email address (i hadn't changed it - but i still had to confirm it as if it was new).

Now you've reminded me - I haven't had the round-up for a few weeks again. And I haven't changed anything....again.

2shoes Sat 31-Jul-10 00:00:19

you haven't missed much

addictedisgettingexcited Sat 31-Jul-10 11:40:10

mumsnet any ideas?

Tech (MNHQ) Sat 31-Jul-10 14:39:42

Hi mumonthenet, It looks like we had a "bounce" back from your ISP saying your email address was bad. When this happens we stop sending after a while, as we can end up on blacklists if we keep sending to "bad" email addresses. I've reset it for you now, so you should start getting messages again. We'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again, so we can let you know why if so.

addictedisgettingexcited, your email provider has refused both our newsletters this week - as suspected spam. It might be worth finding an old newsletter and adding the sender to your address book. That may help with future deliveries.

Hope this helps

addictedisgettingexcited Sat 31-Jul-10 15:11:24

thanks tech i will have a look now

mumonthenet Sun 01-Aug-10 10:20:34

Thanks Tech,

I haven't got anything yet, but maybe you haven't tried?

NormaSknockers Mon 02-Aug-10 07:27:47

I'm having the same problem, it's happened before but has been sorted by saving my email address again but that doesn't to have solved it this time & I haven't got the big red error message I've got before.

Havent had one in a few weeks now but have had other emails!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Aug-10 07:47:20

Mumonthenet - not sure if the system will re-try you for this week's newsletter so in the mean time have a look here www.mumsnet.com/newsletters/talk-roundup where you can always see the latest roundup.
HTH

Tech (MNHQ) Mon 02-Aug-10 11:45:00

Hi Norma, Do you by any chance have a hotmail email address? We've been having problems getting mail through to hotmail recently.

Mumonthenet, I'll try send a copy of Friday's newsletter to you tonight. Perhaps you could let us know tomorrow if you got it?

Thanks.

mumonthenet Tue 03-Aug-10 13:41:19

Yep, got it last night!!!

Congrats.

So, MN, is it you rather than us?

NormaSknockers Thu 05-Aug-10 16:44:22

I do Tech yes, seem to be recieving all other MN emails though is it just round up that's having the problem?

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 05-Aug-10 21:20:28

Hi Norma, Mails like the child development calendar, CAT messages and so on are sent in pretty small numbers at a time, whereas the talk roundup goes to a good few thousand people and the parenting news to many many thousands. I think hotmail treats these bulk mails with extra suspicion, and they are more likely to get blocked. Also, the roundup can occasionally contain words that might spark a spam filter. Adding the sender address from an old roundup to your address book might help. The easiest way to do that is to click "add to contacts" next to the "Mumsnet Team" at the head of the message while you are reading the message in hotmail.

Ilythia Fri 06-Aug-10 22:43:01

I never get the roundup. Or any other emails for that matter.
I have to resort to scrabbling about on the newsletter page like some sort of savage <<weeps>>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Aug-10 11:14:34

Hello. Ilythia, we've just checked your email options and you weren't signed up to the newsletter or the round-up.

So we've signed you up to both. Hope that's OK.

Let us know if you get round-up next week (newsletter on fortnight's break)

Ilythia Sat 07-Aug-10 13:24:48

Thanks Helen

I was you know, I used to get it all, and then I namechanged and it all went to cock. So if it doesn't come I will cry and everythinggrin

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Aug-10 13:44:51

Name changing shouldn't make a difference ilythia
Do you want to drop us an email and we can look into it?

Ilythia Sat 07-Aug-10 17:25:31

Nah, it's okay, I don't mind really <<martyr>>I know it shoudln't make a difference and we did all this a few months ago and it didn't get resolved.
It's my Friday night ritual anywaysmile

WIll let you knwo if it works, it might not have been my namechanging but that's all I could think of had happened then iyswim. Sleep deprived, not making much sense atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now