Talk

Advanced search

Honest opinions on Disneyland Paris please

(10 Posts)
giddykipper Sun 08-Nov-09 19:47:06

I'm sure it's been done to death, but anyway...

DH and I have a long weekend off work at the end of November and we were thinking of taking DS (2.7) to Disney.

There is an offer at the moment which means the three of us in a Disney hotel for 2 nights, 3 days entry, all meals, will be £350. Which doesn't sound too bad, but then you add on Eurostar (about another £200) plus train to London (about another £70-£100) and it's not so cheap.

But if it's worth it then I think we will do it. I get really mixed messages though about whether it's worthwhile. DS loves Disney, well Pixar anyway, so he will get something out of the characters. But I'm wondering whether it's really just like an Alton Towers with Disney characters walking around. We go to Alton Towers quite a lot anyway because we're only 40 minutes away, so if that's all it is I'm not sure it would be worth spending the best part of £700 on it.

giddykipper Sun 08-Nov-09 19:47:50

Would we be better just saving up to go to Florida in due course?

Portofino Sun 08-Nov-09 19:49:40

IMHO your ds is too young to appreciate it and it is too big. I would leave it a couple years personally

giddykipper Sun 08-Nov-09 19:57:11

Really? Is it a lot bigger than Alton Towers do you know?

Rebeccaj Wed 11-Nov-09 16:08:49

We found (at half term) that there weren't really characters "walking around". DH, who has been to both Florida and California, thought they would just be wandering the park, but they only seemed to arrive in set places at set times. We glimpsed Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, Rafiki, Balou and Woody, but all in their appointed places (very little Pixar!) I wouldn't have thought TBH your son was really old enough to warrant the expenditure - my DS, 3.5, thought it was OK but I think had just as much fun in the play area and pool at our hotel! (Davy Crockett). DD (5) was more of the real age to get more out of it.

Blackduck Wed 11-Nov-09 16:12:16

I'd agree with the too young for it - there will be very little he can go on -frankly I wouldn't pay the money at the moment....

Tortington Wed 11-Nov-09 16:14:44

much too young - but if you want to go and need the kid as an excuse go for it smile

i hated every single second of it ...and did it twice for the kids.

the kids now remember me being in tears on main street. the whole thing was tacky overdone, overpriced and thoroughly disapointing.

MmeLindt Wed 11-Nov-09 16:14:53

We are going next year. Our DC are 5yo and 7yo. I suspect 2.7yo will not get so much out of it.

Why don't you go to Centerparcs for a long weekend? The swimming pools are generally really good fun for the wee one. And the play areas are good.

Bear Wed 11-Nov-09 16:22:26

It's not my bag at all, but my DCs (8 & 6) LOVED it. But I don't think they'd have got half as much out of it at your DS's age - for one thing they'd have been knackered - we walked 10K+ a day (really). You need to know where to find the characters - for example, in Cafe Mickey for dinner (where you can use your vouchers) & outside the restaurant of the Disneyland Hotel from 7-11am. Eurostar really is the way to go - if it's the direct train - right to your door. We saw all the Toy Story characters and Sully from Monsters Inc and had photos taken with Rémy from Ratatouille There's Cars stuff as well.

Blackduck Wed 11-Nov-09 16:33:44

custy - join the club - I LOATHED it.....(it was a family thing that ILs arranged...) It was, frankly, torture (and it was 30+ degrees...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now