Talk

Advanced search

Where will be hotter at Xmas - Cyprus or Tenerife?

(5 Posts)
belledejour Fri 06-Nov-09 17:05:36

We are thinking of going for 5 days but don't want to end up somewhere cold and windy where kids are bored. Any advice gratefully received

hifi Fri 06-Nov-09 18:20:39

sister came back from cyprus last week and it was cold.it is sometimes sunny but not hot at xmas.

Mcdreamy Fri 06-Nov-09 18:23:14

Cyprus is cold. It is not an all year round destination as advertised. I lived there for 3 years, came back this time last year and always thought I would have been gutted to have gone there on holiday during the winter thinking I was going to get some summer sun! Can't comment on Tenerife.

Pingpong Fri 06-Nov-09 18:24:32

Tenerife but it can be windy. The Canaries are an all year round destination but quieter in the winter months. Most of the Med packs up for the winter season in terms of tourism. We went to Crete last year near the end of October and it was cold. Been to Tenerife in November and March and was nice 6 days out of 7 so pretty reliable.

llaregguy Fri 06-Nov-09 18:29:26

We naively went to Cyprus a few years ago at the beginning of December. I duly packed shorts, tees etc.

The day temperatures weren't too bad; certainly warm enough for sitting outside restaurants. We bravely used the outdoor pool and I remember sitting, in swimming costume, by the side of the pool with my book. I watched a Cypriot walk past in thick black opaques, black skirt, woolly polo neck and carrying a toddler in full winter snowsuit!

Evening temperatures were freezing and we weren't kitted out for it at all. I had to buy warm clothes from Dorothy Perkins in Paphos to ensure we could leave our apartment at night.

We even went up the Troodos Mountains and got a bit of snow. We enjoyed it though and would definitely consider another winter trip. We would just take warmer clothes next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now