Talk

Advanced search

Weekend away in feb?

(5 Posts)
BlingLoving Fri 06-Nov-09 15:47:58

I am thinking of taking Dh awah for his birthday next year - just a little weekend somewhere. His birthday is in feb so on the plus side, it's probably not high season anywhere, but on the downside, I don't want to go anywhere the weather will be truly awful - cold is fine, but I'd like to avoid heavy snow, rain etc that makes it impossible to wander around outside. I was thinking of Rome? Any other ideas?

hf128219 Fri 06-Nov-09 15:56:33

Marrakech?

oneofakind Sun 08-Nov-09 11:29:34

my mum and I had a cheap weekend in venice last feb. weather was fabulous - warm enough to wear just a jumper from 11-4pm. beautiful blue skies everday - obviously avoid valentines weekend if you want a cheap deal. got a good hotel deal on expedia (and upgraded to a suite when we got there!)

oneofakind Sun 08-Nov-09 11:31:14

ps - would also reccommend marrakech - will be low 20's then and a very fascinating place (for you, great spa's, v cheap and fab shopping!) some lovely upmarket riads and great morrocan/french restaurants. flight time pleasantly short 2 1/2 hours

BlingLoving Mon 09-Nov-09 13:19:24

Thanks all. Marrakech is sounding like something to look at. I was also thinking of going entirely the other way and embracing the cold with somewhere in Scotland?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now