Talk

Advanced search

Hotel Louis Phaethon Beach Club Paphos

(30 Posts)
stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 10:21:39

Anyone been to Hotel Louis Phaethon Beach Club Paphos - if so can I have your views please?

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:25:20

it is next to the athena beach...and the planes come in directly over the rocky beach in front. I have been told that the rooms are very small.

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:26:14

what type of holiday are you looking for?

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 10:31:43

relaxing. beach not terribly important as long as pool/pools nice. Not a total dump in rooms (done that myself numerous times). Must have v good kids facilities as children (4 and 2) like non stop stimulation. Not budget budget holiday - in fact within reason budget not v important as we get away hardly ever.

I have probabaly not answered your question well enough - is there anything specific?Thnks a lot

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:37:35

the Sani beach hotel and spa is fantastic. We have been for the last three years. Pools are fab and sooo clean.
Hotel food is really good. All buffet and children and adults can go back as often as they wantExcellent selection of food for youngsters. Children well catered fo in every aspect...kids club etc. It is a bit pricey but so safe,clean and elegant.
have a look and see what you think. we booked direct and got a room upgrade.
www.saniresort.gr

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:38:30

sorry ,it is in halkidiki on the mainland

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 10:39:38

will look into it now - thanks v much - any idea about weather in dec?

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 10:43:46

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it appears to close at end of October

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:44:27

not suitable in december as it will be cloudy and rainy as with all the grek mainland and islands.
If you are wanting warmth in december,i guess short haul would be the canaries.
It goes dark at about 4pm in cyprus in the winter so it is a very short day

PestoPyrotechnicsMonster Wed 04-Nov-09 10:45:44

You need Egypt or Caribbean for December warmth

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 10:48:51

what do you think of it though. didnt realise from your OP that it was for now

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 10:51:22

yes it is a now.

It looks FANTASTIC and have bookmarked it for a summer hoiday - really nice.

Hoping for some canaries suggestions then. Caribbean is just too far for a week or so and my husband not overly keen on Egypt.

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 11:00:48

havent been here myself,but had this one recommended to me
www.iknow-canaryislands.co.uk/.../3435-maspalomasprincessmaspalomas.htm -

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 11:05:14

if you do go to the sani beach hotel and spa ask for the free sunset cruise and the free 4 hour cruise from the customer relations manageress.The thompson rep tries to sell you the same trip at £100 for 4. the sunset cruise is amazing....canapes and unlimited champagne poured continuously...wonderful

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 11:32:41

Thnaks

Are all the other sani bits - say the suites at the same resort?

What will be the best accommodation to book? or rather what would be sufficient. When in the year do you normally go? Thanks

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 12:19:09

they are all part of the same resort. The sani beach hotel and spa are on a peninsula with the little headland,so it has two private sandy beaches...it has a pool specifically for younsters which is about 18" deep with comfy sunbeds round.
no building work around as all the land is owned by sani and no hotels behind .
Sani asterias suites has its own part of the beach which is only for them...do not dare to go on their sunbeds.....you need a mortgage to stay there and they take you to the marina (it is a marina not a harbour...really classy)on a sort of 8 seater golf buggy ,if u cant be nothered to walk. The sani beach club has rooms with there own little private pools if you want but the pool is a standard rectangular one with a separatebit for toddlers. All are spotless.
there is a dine around programme so you can use you evening meal booking to eat at any of the 2 sani beach hotels or appprox 5 different restaurants on the marina.

they have a fridge in each room and you can get the maid to remove their stock and then you can fill it with the drinks from the supermarket. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff and the waiters are superb. Dining areas are immaculately clean and well stocked.

i would go for a junior luxury suite with a sea view in B block as that is where the sun goes down and it is so tranquil.
we booked thomson flights and a room direct with the hotel and the hotel sent its own private taxi for us to the airport free of charge...and return journey too. felt like royalty...
you can also have breakfast outside in a beautiful all white bar wher there is fresh salmon,bread and butter pudding,eggs of every description,fruit salads,pastries,choc cookies,croissants,english and continental breakfast and the waiters serve you with endless fresh oranges and lattes all included.

we go in august and it is half board.
13 of us went together this year for a special wedding anniversary and the manager ruined us with champagne on the celebration night.

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 12:24:11

sounds like heaven - we are going defo. may try and find you for more info nearer the time. thanks so much

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 12:28:12

the marina is also perfect for a buggy as it is totally flat.

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 12:30:02

if you like shopping there are not alot of shops,just a handful of expensive boutiques. you would need to hire a car from the hotel foyer if you wanted to travel to other quaint villages like Afitos.

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 12:37:19

shopping of little interest - just relaxing and the kids having fun too

sounds perfect

Cyprus too bloody hot for kids in Summer. 40 degrees anyone? Perfect for May / October hols but VERY expensive.
Paphos is a DUMP, building sites, villas being built everywhere, timeshare touts. Bah humbug!! angry

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 12:43:06

ok thanks for telling me - paphos is a miss then.

Halkidiki ok up to june then and then give it a missas too hot?

alypaly Wed 04-Nov-09 12:54:46

sani for you then....you could be in the carribean there its fab...have a look at the 2 picccys on my profile ..one is the beach bar where they have an all white party once a fortnight with millions of candles lighting the pathway to it....and dancing on the beach for everyone.

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 13:01:33

now I am itching to go (hee hee) - have to wait months....! and it does n't sort out xmas - going to be told off if I don't manage to sort that out.

Off to chek out your piccies now. You have been a star.

stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 13:03:16

you don't make those cakes do you? tell me you are not so mega talented

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now