Talk

Advanced search

Desperate advice - Xmas break with brilliant kids club facilities

(11 Posts)
stressed2007 Wed 04-Nov-09 09:50:32

We have decided to go away at xmas. However everywhere we find the weather does not appear any good at all - e.g. Morocco (raining) so DH now talking about Canaries. Am I right in thinking that Tenerife is best place to go for sun?

As my in laws are coming the hotel needs to be good but most important it needs very good kids facilities - kids club etc. children are 3.5 and 2.

Please can someone recommend somewhere they have been where weather should be pleasant and ease my headache.

Many thanks

pinkteddy Wed 04-Nov-09 19:50:07

Tenerife/Lanzorote, weather will be good in day, might need jackets etc in evening in December. There are no nice beaches though (that may not be an issue for you). Cyprus or Egypt might be alternatives. With Egypt you might be struggling with kids clubs etc.

Hopefully someone else will come along who has some more specific recommendations. HTH

stressed2007 Fri 06-Nov-09 14:58:23

bumping

pinkteddy Fri 06-Nov-09 16:33:53

try bumping this evening after 8pm, boards are usually busier then!

Kiwinyc Fri 06-Nov-09 17:12:04

how warm do you want it - the Canaries will high-teens/low 20's. Not warm enough for swimming outdoors in my book but perhaps it is for those from further north! ;)

For real heat at that time of year you need Egypt, Mark Warner do a resort there with good Kids Clubs. Otherwise go further afield i.e. Thailand (Phuket) or the Caribbean where the hotels there have Kids Clubs.

stressed2007 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:05:18

think somone suggested hotel in the canaries called something like los/las mas palomas? But can't find it now. Anyone got a clue what I am talking about?

squeaver Fri 06-Nov-09 22:06:36

Have you thought about Sharm el Sheikh?

hf128219 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:07:16

www.fourseasons.com in Sharm. Although the kids club might not start until aged 3.

stressed2007 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:27:31

We have friends in middle east who have this week told us not to go anywhere near the middle east for a holiday. They have said things much more tense then we have reported here and so there is no way DH is gong anywhere near Egypt or Dubai now. I agree the hotel does look very nice.

CHOOGIRL Fri 06-Nov-09 23:16:22

I have been to Dubai and Abu Dhabi this week. Both were absolutely fine.

stressed2007 Sat 07-Nov-09 14:08:49

Can only tell you what our friend said. She lives (not an expat) in Dubai. She would not see us wrong. We asked for her holiday tips for the region and she told us not to go anywhere near this xmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now