Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Avignon - Aix en Provence. Anyone know of nice appartment/villa in the area?

(5 Posts)
MmeLindt Tue 20-Oct-09 20:55:07

We are looking for something for next summer, around Marseilles area, Avignon, Aix en Provence. We will be travelling from Geneva so pretty much anywhere within 5 hour drive.

Selfcatering or B&B for family of four plus one small dog, in July or August.

Any ideas?

MmeLindt Wed 21-Oct-09 05:37:36

morning bump

StarsGoBlue Wed 21-Oct-09 11:17:43

We are leaving for a short holiday in Avignon tomorrow. We're staying in a self-catering villa that we found through homelidays.co.uk. There were quite a few other places in the area on that site. We also looked for somewhere in Aix en Provence, but didn't find much. I can let you know how our place turns out - it sleeps 4 - 10, and pets are allowed with prior arrangement. The landlady apparently only speaks French, but so far has been very pleasant to deal with.

MmeLindt Wed 21-Oct-09 12:39:17

Thanks for that website, I have spent an hour searching and found a good few nice properties. Would be interested to hear how you liked the villa that you booked. Have a good holiday.

StarsGoBlue Fri 30-Oct-09 11:33:29

Just back last night from Avignon. The house was absolutely fantastic - by far the nicest self-catering place I've stayed in. It is huge, with 5 double bedrooms, plus a baby cot. It has 2 toilets, plus 3 showers, a good-sized well-equipped kitchen, kitchen table eating area, separate dining room, large dining table in a shaded area outside. The furniture is a bit weird for my taste, but comfortable. There's a large living room area, plus a separate "family room", both with large televisions. There is a computer in the family room, and the house has wifi. It is located just on the outer edge of Avignon, in a quiet neighbourhood. The landlady was extremely accommodating, very friendly. She was not even upset when we arrived at midnight after she had gone to bed, in the middle of a downpour (we were supposed to arrive at 11pm, but had a bit of trouble finding our way from the car rental place). So, yes, I can whole-heartily recommend it. The reference number on the Homelidays website is 166713. Oh, apparently the landlady speaks only French, which was not a problem for us; but she was so friendly, I doubt it would be a problem for anyone without French.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now