Talk

Advanced search

Egypt

(5 Posts)
coolma Sun 18-Oct-09 20:46:42

I guess egypt would be short haul for the purposes of my question - which is: where would you lovely lot recommend for a week in December? Must have some kind of kids clubs for almost 4 and 9 year olds, all inclusive pref and not hideously expensive. Have looked on various sites and got some ideas, but would relaly appreciate some from those 'in the know' grin Thanks!

bacon Mon 26-Oct-09 13:40:07

I assume you mean Sharm - at least you can go out and about as some resorts are very quiet.

Try good companies like Soveriegn and link to Travel Advisor website. I'm not sure if Mark Warner/Powder Byrne have a site there.

Upgrade to Full board instead of AI if necessary. Everytime I looked at reviews of AI hotels the food was always a concern and in very hot climates its not for me.

I cant help you with family friendly hotels but I would deff try travel advisor website.

StillSquiffy Mon 26-Oct-09 13:51:00

Research carefully - IIRC the weather in December is very windy indeed, which can cause problems, both with sunbathing and with diving.

Sharm is very reasonable price-wise, but I personally think that what they call 5 star I would call a good 3, maybe 4 tops. TBH I wouldn't go on an all-inclusive here with a 3YO - I am a very seasoned travellor, have lived in Africa, etc and in all 3 times that I have been to Sharm I have had food bugs of some kind - if I were to go here I would either wait for children to be a bit older or pay more for top class hotel with al a carte, rather than risk buffets and the like. But of course someone may know personally a hotel that bucks the trend....

Can't help on the child-friendly bit because my DD is only 3 herself so we haven't taken the DC's out there yet. A friend of mine is going to a Movenpick that is apparently good and has great childcare (near the border towards Jordan) but it is already fully booked for December, I think.

QuintessentialShadowsOfDoom Tue 27-Oct-09 12:36:50

I recommend Dahab.

For sure, Hurghada was a bad experience. Though it might be different on a high budget, we were on a shoestring.

DAHAB is excellent whatever your budget.

Pimmpom Thu 29-Oct-09 13:40:59

I have been to Coral Sea Resort with First Choice which was very good. Look at Holiday Village with First Choice, that has lots of facilities for children. I am going to Hilton Sharks Bay for Christmas. All these have lots of reviews on Trip Advisor smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now