Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp style holidays - anyone able to recommend some?

(10 Posts)
Holymoly321 Fri 16-Oct-09 17:39:04

In the past two years we have done a Siblu holiday in france and a Eurocamp holiday in Spain. Next year we'd like to do something similar and we're wondering if there are any other companies that do similar types of holiday that we should have a look at / get brochures for. Anyone able to recommend any? We want to be near beaches, culture, but not really 'egg and chips'. Not too far flight times either as 4yr and 2yr DS's don't do too well on flights! Oh and we'll be going in early June so it's needs to be somewhere fairly warm.

pointyhat Fri 16-Oct-09 17:54:53

you posted twice?

Matthews

Leslaki Fri 16-Oct-09 18:41:08

here we went with Canvas and their vanwere in a great position - not too far from beach or pool. Site is just the right size and loads to do without it being too busy. Flight is only about 1.5 hours to venice. Selectcamp go there too or you could book direct.

Don't suppose you've ever been to le Bois du valmarie with Siblu have you? Just bookd it for next year! Would have booked portofelice again but thought 3 years in a row would be too much!! Might go back following year!

notyummy Fri 16-Oct-09 18:55:28

We have been here:

www.thomsonalfresco.co.uk/lepianacce

twice now with Thomson Al Fresco. It is GORGEOUS. Small, peaceful - lovely restaurant/take away that is competitively priced. Walking distance to a beautiful hilltop Tuscan town, and 5 mins in a car to the beach. We are going again next year - and also will probably book to go the Italian lakes with them. Service excellent, mobile homes very new and spotless.

WartoScreamo Fri 16-Oct-09 19:00:32

We've done Siblu Lac des Reves nr Montpellier, and Canvas Union Lido, nr Venice. Both were fab, and come highly recommended by me! (Eurocamp have better accom at Union Lido though....) We went late June to Italy and it was getting REALLY warm!

notyummy, I'll have a look at le pianacce I think! Sounds lovely!

pointyhat Fri 16-Oct-09 19:11:08

matthews uses the same sites as the usual big names, but is much cheaper

notyummy Fri 16-Oct-09 19:31:21

Would def recommend warto - not sure there would be enough going on for teenagers, but perfect apart from that.

Holymoly321 Fri 16-Oct-09 19:32:31

Ooh, thanks all - will def check these out. Leslaki, we didn't got to that Siblu site - can't rmember now the one we did go to - but I'm sure you;ll have a fabulous time!

thelunar66 Fri 16-Oct-09 19:35:18

We did Europcamp at Cypsella in Spain about 6 summers in row when LOs were smaller. Fab site (families only). Immacuate and clean.

saggyhairyarse Tue 20-Oct-09 10:50:55

We went to Ca'Savio with Eurocamp near Venice this summer, was lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now