Talk

Advanced search

Supermarket nr Olbia, Sardinia

(5 Posts)
headless Fri 16-Oct-09 13:38:59

Bit of an odd one this, we have booked a villa next spring just outside of Olbia, all hunky-dory except that the owner wants to charge us £8 per day to hire a cot. I was wondering if anyone knows if the supermarket in Olbia or somewhere else nearby is likely to sell a travel cot or cheapy cot that we can buy instead. I know it makes me sound like a tight wad, and I am!!! But really, £8 per day??!!!

Poohbearsmom Sat 17-Oct-09 02:38:30

Tot agree £8 is insane!! I actually laughed when i saw ur post & its not cause its a odd Q its jus iv not bn to many places but i lived n olbia n sardy bout 9yrs ago for 3 months as an au pair!! I hadnt thought of it n so long anyways they had 2 goodish shoppin centres back then, now they r not huge and the better of the two was a 10min drive from olbia town... The town its self had two childrens stores kinda like mother care but i was only lookin at da clothes & it was a long time ago so cant honestly rem if they had travel cots, sorry. But id say ud hav no trouble gettin one... Are u bring a car?? Hav u bn to sardinia b4?? Its very beautiful but not particularly olbia its a grand port town chilled & has lovely little cafes but for da real amazin beauty ya hav to drive out a bit... Costas esmarelda... Now ya hav me dreamin... Anyways hope that helps a ikle bit

headless Sat 17-Oct-09 11:51:42

Thank you! Sounds like we'll be able to pick one up pretty easily. We're really looking forward to going, never been before, we're flying and going to hire a car out there. Feel free to re-live your memories and tell me your recommendations!!! Thanks again.

Poohbearsmom Sat 17-Oct-09 23:13:09

Ur very welcome are ya flyin to calgary or algahero?? I flew into algahero myself & it was about an hr&half drive from olbia if my baby brain Isnt failin me... The views r amazin, the beachs r really sumit special & the ppl r really warm & welcoming... And the food is really amazin iv had many a cravin for sardy pizza while preg... Olbia had a good little tourist office back when i was there & they were so helpful stock up on maps & they will giv ya tons of suggestions where to go, they were really lovely when i was there... Its a lovely place i really hope ye enjoy it & they r so child friendly they all hav their kids wit them when they go out to eat its a real family occasion wish i cud rem names of places for ya but da lady i aupaired for took me loads of places & i never knew da names id jus admire the fab views & enjoy where ever i was taken

headless Sun 18-Oct-09 13:40:48

Flying Leeds-Bradford to Olbia with Jet2. Sounds like you had an amazing experience out there - what a great job! Really can't wait to go now....shame its not till May!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now