Talk

Advanced search

Winter Efteling - anyone been? I've booked for Xmas - tell me it will be lovely!

(13 Posts)
WartoScreamo Fri 09-Oct-09 20:08:38

We're in Belgium and DH doesn't want to go back to UK this year (not much time off so it would be a big rush).

We've done a gastro Xmas in the Ardennes. Gorgeous but very expensive. Done Xmas at home on our own. Very dull.

So the idea of spending Xmas with the fairies - and no cooking/cleaning up is very appealing. Especially as we do dd's main presents on St Nicolas.....

WartoScreamo Sun 11-Oct-09 09:55:56

Bump

Morosky Sun 11-Oct-09 10:10:16

Have been to De Efteling, although not at Christmas, it is lovely. I bet Christmas is fab there.

WartoScreamo Sun 11-Oct-09 11:00:23

Is one day enough to "do" it all? Not that we're into big roller coasters.....

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 11-Oct-09 11:04:55

OMG blast from the past.. we had great visits to efteling when I was a child in the 1970's looking at the website now I can hardly believe it is the same place

Morosky Sun 11-Oct-09 16:49:57

Yes one full day is enough.

WartoScreamo Mon 12-Oct-09 09:34:36

Thanks!

inthesticks Mon 12-Oct-09 15:46:26

Yes I've been but only in summer. I bet it's magic at Christmas. It's more for younger children but there are a couple of white knuckles, made more so for us because the ride details were only in Dutch so we had no idea what to expect!
One day is plenty.

WartoScreamo Mon 12-Oct-09 18:49:55

DD is 5 and I'm scared of heights blush so I guess we will stick to things like the ice rink and tame rides. Though she did go on the log flume with dh last summer at Walibi. I couldn't watch even, but she loved it!

inthesticks Tue 13-Oct-09 17:41:47

There are some wonderful fairytale rides where you sit in a gondola and gently float around huge animated scenes. it sounds a bit naff but we were all captivated and my boys were around 9 and 11 when we went.

DadInsteadofMum Wed 14-Oct-09 16:53:58

We always take two days to do Efteling especially if your kids spends two hours dragging you around the fairy tails bit!

My kids love it and this year DS2 (6)was (just) tall enough to go on all the rides, the "white knuckle" rides are fairly tame by say Alton Towers standard but just right for the 7 - 12 age range.

DadInsteadofMum Wed 14-Oct-09 16:54:48

blush fairy tales - image of trees with just gossamer tails hanging from them.

olliepolly Thu 15-Oct-09 14:17:08

My children 10,8 and 6 love efteling.
We go at easter easily takes 2 days to cover everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now