Talk

Advanced search

Are Malta/Istanbul/Dubrovnik child-friendly?

(11 Posts)
hazlinh Sat 03-Oct-09 10:56:24

Looking at these destinations as possibles for a trip in January. Just need to know how child-friendly they are?

TIA

Iklboo Sat 03-Oct-09 10:59:26

Malta is pretty child friendly - they're a very family orientated island. It's quite hilly & rocky - only a couple of sandy beaches. If you have a push chair you might end up with arms like Arnie's pushing uphill for a week grin
It's been a while since I went so I'm not sure about entertainment for children, but the hotels usually have kids' clubs etc

Iklboo Sat 03-Oct-09 10:59:27

Malta is pretty child friendly - they're a very family orientated island. It's quite hilly & rocky - only a couple of sandy beaches. If you have a push chair you might end up with arms like Arnie's pushing uphill for a week grin
It's been a while since I went so I'm not sure about entertainment for children, but the hotels usually have kids' clubs etc

hazlinh Sat 03-Oct-09 11:03:22

that's a relief Iklboo. someone was saying it had lots of stairs to get everywhere n might not be childfriendly! it does look so pretty though

Iklboo Sat 03-Oct-09 14:26:09

It IS very pretty with loads of history. Just very hilly wink

hazlinh Sat 03-Oct-09 16:01:22

Hmmm, would be going with DD 5 and mum, 65, so I'd be the one pushing DD all the time. Wonder if I could hack it..

How many days would you recommend for Malta, and what are the top sights to see there?

frazzled74 Mon 05-Oct-09 12:01:09

Maltas great for kids, I have done it with pushchair. The maltese love children, there is always someone to help. Buses are a bit old and bumpy ,but frequent and fun. Valletta is a must, Mdina the silent city, is lovely.There is an aqua park but this is probably not open in january.
You could do a boat trip to gozo. I think there is a playmobil park ,but havent been.

Chaotica Mon 05-Oct-09 12:05:49

Dubrovnik is lovely but has a lot of steps and steep paths (often with no guard rails).

I found Turkey (not istanbul - that I don't know about) to be very child friendly.

hazlinh Mon 05-Oct-09 13:31:51

Ooh that sounds good, frazzled74. tks!

Oh no, Chaotica, that prolly rules out Dubrovnik for me for the time being then

That's certainly good to know about Turkey. tks!

Nefret Wed 07-Oct-09 11:36:39

Turkey is very child friendly, one of the most child friendly places I have been to. I have spent a lot of time in Turkey with my children and I would definitely recommend it.

Istanbul is a lovely city with so much to see, the best places to stay for sightseeing are either Taksim, where all the shops, bars and restaurants are, or Sultanahmet, where you will find the big mosques, the grand bazaar and other historical sites. I have stayed in both parts and I loved both.

hazlinh Fri 09-Oct-09 07:13:35

Lovely. Thanks Nefret

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now