Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris (again, sorry!) Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York?

(5 Posts)
cupofteaplease Thu 24-Sep-09 18:41:54

We are going to DLP in November for our wedding anniversary with our girls aged 4 and 2. We have been lots of times before but have never stayed in a Disney hotel, apart from the Santa Fe. We want to stay in a better hotel this time. I really want the Disneyland hotel, but it is £400+ more than the New York. Is it really worth the extra cash? Has anyone experienced both hotels? Any feedback? Thanks smile

cupofteaplease Fri 25-Sep-09 18:44:42

No thoughts? Please?!

TinaSparkles Fri 25-Sep-09 18:53:04

We've just been to the New York after deliberating between the two. In the end we chose the New York because of the price and it was alright. I say alright but to be honest for the money I did expect a bit more. It was 4 star and so is the Disneyland so if its the same standard then I think it would prove VERY expensive for the quality you get. However, if its the whole Disney experience you are going for then it probably would be a better option.

cupofteaplease Fri 25-Sep-09 19:38:55

Crikey, 'alright' is not a great a review for a hotel that costs so much! Thanks for posting though. It's a shame that Disney leaves you feeling a little 'had', because we are big kids and love the whole experience. The cost does sting though.

DadInsteadofMum Mon 28-Sep-09 16:40:43

Have stayed at both. The Disneyland is far superior to the New York, more access to characters, much better breakfast, nicer rooms and of course very easy to pop back and siesta the kids in the middle of the day.

When we stayed at the Disneyland we could take full advantage of the early start hotel guests only, when the park started to get busy at midday we came out used the pool rested adn tehn went back in for the parades and shorter queues in the evening - DS2 (5)happily managed three nights in a row of 9:30 - 10:00 finishes. Dragging back and forward to the New York would have been too much.

If you can afford it, it is worth it, just don't buy a beer in the bar - I nearly cried when I converted the price back in to sterling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: