Talk

Advanced search

Marrakech, all inclusive, Easter 2010, 2wks. Has anyone stayed at the Royal Decameron Issil Hotel ?

(12 Posts)
SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 08:57:13

Any good ?

I'm looking for our next family holiday. This looks ideal as it has a nice looking pool/hotel to loll about it in but also is in a city where you can get out and see the local life/culture.

Have you been ? Opinions, good and bad required! How was the food ? The staff ? The cleanliness ?

So many all inclusives seem to be in the arse end of nowhere often in places where you wouldn't want to stray beyond the hotel boundaries at night etc. Sort of like luxury prisons hmm

TIA smile

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 09:02:32

Or possibly maybe October half term. Not decided yet. Looks like the weather is better in October than in April.

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 13:44:11

does nobody care ?

<waily waily woe>

If you've not been the hotel have you at least been to Marrakech in April and can comment on the climate / best places to go / things to see ?

laughalot Wed 23-Sep-09 13:45:55

Is it agadir or marrakech ?

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 13:47:26

Marrakech

laughalot Wed 23-Sep-09 13:49:59

Oh poo sorry my friend at work went last year and looked around alot of hotels but they where in agadir. We work in a travel agents.

Sorry cant help with that one.

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 13:56:18

Thanks though smile

The hotel looks good, 4 star and I've found a review site on the web which has rated it as 81/100 (103 reviews). It has LOADS of facilities and so I'm happy that it is a good option.

What about Marrakech as a destination ? Obviously I know about the souks but is there anything I must see whilst I'm there ? Bearing in mind I will be travelling with a 7yo (if we go in April) or an 8yo (if we go in Oct)

Lizzylou Wed 23-Sep-09 16:37:59

We went to Marrakech for our honeymoon, beautiful place.
Essaouria (sp) is a Portuguese fishing port not far away which is lovely, on the way to it you can see the famous goats climbing trees. Well, I enjoyed it.
A trip out to the mountains is good too, we went to ouarzazate, quite a long trip though if I remember correctly.
I'd be tempted to do 1 week in Marrakech and 1 in Essaouria tbh

Lizzylou Wed 23-Sep-09 16:40:41

We went in (late)October by the way, weather was nice enough to sit by the pool, T-shirt and shorts fine to stroll around in.
Food is gorgeous too, ate far too much to make up for my pre-wedding abstinence.
As it is very French, it may be worth checking that you choose to go when it is not a French holiday as it can get v crowded.

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 16:42:27

That's helpful, thanks smile

oneofakind Sun 08-Nov-09 11:45:29

you may have booked by now but I would say that two weeks in marrakech is too long if you have children. it is surprisingly short on 'things to see' - its more about hanging out in the cafes and soaking up the atmosphere (and shopping/spa's!). we also went to essaouira for a few days and it was nice to contrast the city with the beach (took over 2 hours in a private car transfer).

ruddynorah Sun 08-Nov-09 11:58:55

i agree 2 weeks is too much with children. better to combine it with a beach stay in agadir.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now