Talk

Advanced search

Lindos.

(16 Posts)
TheHeadbangingWombat Mon 21-Sep-09 17:02:33

I'm going to Lindos in June for the Rock In Rhodes festival.

Any tips on what to do and where to eat would be much appreciated.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 00:16:43

there are lots of good restaurants.
Byzantinos which is owned by my dear friend mike is wonderful,but you need to book. Frequented by italians.
LIndos roof gardens and dionysos are also brilliant.
If you want a cheap snack for 2 euros get a pitta gyros ,they are so yummy and great if you are on a budget.

Mike who owns byzantinos also owns the bar on lindos beach ,that does good cheap food during the day too..

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 16:23:36

Thankyou for the tips Aly.smile

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 16:26:30

can i come ,i love lindossmile

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 19:44:43

I'm sure I can find some room in my suitcase for you.grin

It isn't normally a place that I'd choose to go to as I'm not a fan of beach holidays or intense heat.
The rock festival however is too good an opportunity to miss out on though,and perhaps I'll fall in love with Lindos while I'm there.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 20:08:59

you will love it believe me.its got everything you could want and its all pedestrianized which has help to keep it quaint.
It will be pretty hot in june. think ive been there about 15 -20 times over the last 30 years.
trying other places now tho!

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 20:11:45

The heat will be an issue for me. I'll find ways of dealing with it though.

I've no doubt that I'll have a good time. I have great bands to listen to, and perhaps the island itself will win me over.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 20:15:46

must tell DS1 about it. He couldnt get tickets for Wacken this year as they were sold out for anniversary year i believe. WHO IS GOING TO BE IN LINDOS ....OOPS PRESSED CAPS LOCK

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 20:34:47

It's all tribute bands.

I went to a gig last week featuring the AC/DC tribute band Live/Wire who were excellent.They'll be there this year, as will Limehouse Lizzy a Thin Lizzy tribute band whom I also saw at the same gig.They're very good too.

There's also a Led Zeppelin tribute, a Pink Floyd tribute and a few others.

I love good tribute bands so it's ideal for me.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 20:37:47

thought it was a strange place for @real ' bands to gosmile

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 20:42:46

It would be I guess. These guys are great though. Certainly the AC/DC tribute band are. They look and sound so much like them it's spooky.

They're my main reason for going though I know I'll enjoy the other bands too.

My birthday is during that week and it's a great way to spend it.

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 21:22:38

And if I can get good calamari there then I'll really be in heaven.

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 21:43:45

heaven here you comecome.calamari,octopus,saganaki,stuffed peppers

alypaly Tue 22-Sep-09 21:50:38

are you going with a group of friends as you sound as if you are going alone. I went there on my own and i had a great time. I always feel safe in Lindos

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 22:13:50

I'm going with a friend,but there'll be a few hundred rock fans there too. Some of whom I'll know by the time I go as I've joined the band's forum.

TheHeadbangingWombat Tue 22-Sep-09 22:20:29

The food sounds very tempting.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now