Talk

Advanced search

benidorm - would anyone recommend this for a sunny break at half term?

(6 Posts)
Mercedes Mon 21-Sep-09 16:11:54

I know it gets lost of bad press but its cheap and we could go on lots of trips to surrounding area and valencia and my dd would still have access to a pool and other kids. Am I mad to consider this?

DLI Mon 21-Sep-09 18:42:11

my mother and father have taken my ds to benidorm and he loved it. They stayed on the outskirts away from the noisy area

tvaerialmagpiebin Mon 21-Sep-09 18:52:20

I think it is not so bad out of season. Mostly full of English and German ex-pats who go forthe winter. There are some good child-friendly places like Terra Mittica and a water place whose name escapes me - oh, think it is Mundomar? Calpe is close and less "union jack chips with everything". Also Denia and Jandia both lovely.

Do you have a particular hotel in mind or flat?

Mercedes Mon 21-Sep-09 22:37:07

We were looking at terralta apart-hotels. The brochure says quiet and nearer to old town than the drag. Do you know the hotels?

tvaerialmagpiebin Tue 22-Sep-09 20:22:11

No not really. Quieter than main bit sounds good though. And you get best of both worlds with apart-hotel, don't you.

Hope you have a lovely time

Julesnobrain Thu 24-Sep-09 12:33:25

Benidorm has really nice beaches and is not as bad as everybody makes out although its built up. It has a nice zoo (Terra Natura) and is in a good location for sight seeing local towns (Javea and Moraria are the nicest). Be aware however you can have hot days OR cold and rainy days so pack for variable weather

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now