Talk

Advanced search

toreilles plage campsite, France - anyone been?

(6 Posts)
dogonpoints Tue 15-Sep-09 19:37:56

I fancy a holiday in south of France with matthews but they only have one southern site - Toreilles Plage - near Carcassonne.

Has anyone been?

They have a few in teh Vendee and We've never been to the Vendee either.

Any opinions and advice will be soaked up.

dogonpoints Tue 15-Sep-09 19:57:17

oh hang on. It's samping des dunes and it's only 3 star.

Scrap it. I'm not going there.

Will look at vendee.

Leslaki Sat 03-Oct-09 21:56:56

Was just going to say that Matthews don't go there anymore as I was looking at it too! 3 star camps in France is fine!

Milliways Mon 12-Oct-09 21:37:10

We looked at this site (Matthews fans here) but the reviews weren't great - mainly as it is in the middle of nowhere (confirmed on google maps!). The site's own website didn't help much either.

When we want the South of France we go with Siblu (Got MN discount + NHS discount + previous customer free bedlinen & bar vouchers etc last year!!)

My Teens had a fab time at the Matthews site at Bretignolles 2/3 years ago. Very French, not a huge no. of English, but the Teens all found each other and had a great time with no hassles.

DanAtSiblu Thu 15-Oct-09 10:06:54

Message deleted

Leslaki Fri 16-Oct-09 18:44:07

I've just booke le bois du Valmarie in Languedoc with Siblu - looks like we won't need a car!! Has fab pool (well, looks like it!) with waterslides, by the beach and has a little train which takes you into and out the resort. Only 20 miles from airport!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now