Talk

Advanced search

Help! I've been on all the Simply Travel holidays with childcare! Similar recommendations?

(14 Posts)
lingle Sun 13-Sep-09 20:20:43

Our kids have notched up every Simply Travel creche there is! They've even been to Crete twice!

I'm aware that Mark Warner have a kids club - I tend to think of them as going to busier resorts than Simply Travel but maybe that's not true?

Are there some other companies doing a creche that might suit DH and me (May half term in the Med?). The boys are 6 and 4 now so getting bigger.....

Many thanks in advance.

Kiwinyc Mon 14-Sep-09 11:47:17

lol, so have mine, except for Lefkas. We also stayed at Simpson Periyali Villa's but when they were still Simply Travel.

We've also used Sunsail, but not Mark Warner. Neilson is supposed to be very good too.

lingle Mon 14-Sep-09 22:27:28

Yep, been to Perilyali too!

Wheelybug Wed 21-Oct-09 13:26:33

Simpson may be adding a place in Turkey to their portfolio next year, on the lines of Periyali....

choppychopster Mon 26-Oct-09 15:58:14

Will watch this one with interest as I quite like the sound of Mousses, but then saw some negative reviews about dogs barking all night, really uncomfortable beds and that the beaches are a bit rubbish.

Where in Crete is there a creche with Simply Travel? I've been looking on their website and can't find it!

stressed2007 Thu 29-Oct-09 22:56:28

How do you search for childcare on their site? Thanks

Kiwinyc Sat 31-Oct-09 23:23:30

you can't! its a bit dumb really, you have to already 'know' which ones have a creche, or they'll tell you if you call them. At the moment I believe its only Mousses on Lefkas and Crete in (C)Horofakia.

Unfortunately mine are getting too old for Simply as well, being 6 & 3, next summer they'll be 7 and 4 and needing more activity really.

I think Neilson is the next step for us (have done Sunsail also) but we have to start saving now.

stressed2007 Sun 01-Nov-09 18:49:50

Is sunsail/Neilson good and of so for what ages?

Are the creches good with Simply Travel then?

kaybee75 Mon 02-Nov-09 21:58:42

We went to Mousses last year and the Simply Travel creche was fantastic, couldn't fault it. Was run like really good UK nursery & our 2 year old loved it.

Doozle Mon 02-Nov-09 22:06:40

There is a place in France called Countrytots which has very similar premise to Mousses - although more luxurious from what I can gather.

And the prices are expensive. They seem to have hiked them up a LOT in this last year.

But looks lovely and the creche is included in the cost.

Doozle Mon 02-Nov-09 22:08:05

Lingle, did you like Alianthos in Crete by the way? Was it as good as Mousses?

AlaskaNebraska Mon 02-Nov-09 22:08:32

oh god 6 and 4
cant you just tolerate them?
really,,

stressed2007 Mon 02-Nov-09 22:22:16

Doozle which prices have been hiked - Simply Travel or Countrytots?

Doozle Mon 02-Nov-09 22:30:31

Stressed2007 ... was talking about Countrytots putting their prices up.

Not sure about Simply's prices In answer to your earlier question, yes the creche was brilliant at Mousses. DD loved going there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now