Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris - please help me make this work!

(15 Posts)
Ceolas Sat 12-Sep-09 16:09:33

Hoping to go October 2010. There are 7 of us. 2 adults and 5dcs (10, 9, 7, 3 and 1). We are in Scotland and would prefer to fly rather than drive. Also would prefer to have us all in one room/apartment if possible.

As far as I can see, Davy Crocket ranch looks the best accommodation for us but how would we manage to/from the airport/park without a car? Does anyone know of any other accommodation served by shuttles?

Any advice/tips gratefully received by this Disney virgin

2madboys Sat 12-Sep-09 16:26:51

Hi Ceolas - I've not stayed in the Davy Crocket ranch, but there is a shuttle bus between the different accommodation/hotels and the park, so not having a car is not a problem. Also, when we went 9 years ago and flew, there was a shuttle bus from the airport, but it would be best to check that this is still the case.

Ceolas Sat 12-Sep-09 19:28:48

Thanks 2madboys. I just wonder if any of the other hotels can accommodate us together though? Taking 2 rooms is not a problem on its own, but will probably work out more expensive. Also, the VEA shuttle I looked at didn't seem to serve DC...

pucca Sat 12-Sep-09 19:32:02

Davy Crockett ranch does not have a shuttle, and is about 10 min in a car from the parks, so unless you are driving (like we did) it is no good really....

Ceolas Sun 13-Sep-09 09:12:03

Ah thanks pucca

Can any Scottish MNers give their expert advice on the best travel arrangements?

Ceolas Tue 15-Sep-09 14:17:10

bump...

Fimbo Tue 15-Sep-09 14:23:06

This hotel has an interconnecting kids room but only sleeps 6 unless you can take a travel cot for the 1 yr old maybe. Their is a shuttle bus to the parks with this hotel.

I think Aimsmum is your woman for doing it from Scotland (I am Scottish but live in England - lol!). I think she flew from Glasgow to Charles de Gaulle and then you can get the train directly to DLP.

Fimbo Tue 15-Sep-09 14:24:52

I also this MissSunny (?) is a travel agent and gives good advice about DLP she may be able to help too.

Ceolas Tue 15-Sep-09 14:27:38

oh cheers fimbo.

Have just been looking at car hire which seems like it might not be much more than the airport shuttle for us all, making DC ranch an option. Wonder how DH would feel about driving in Paris hmm

Fimbo Tue 15-Sep-09 14:33:39

We are only about 2/3hrs away from Ashford so were able to go by Eurostar.

dogonpoints Tue 15-Sep-09 19:14:23

We flew from Edin burgh to Paris in February to go to Disneyland. Very straightforward.

There are shuttle buses running from Charles de gaulle every half hour or so. There are signs in the airport directing you to disneyland shuttles. You queue up, little bit of pushing and shoving to get on but the worst that happens is you hang aboutfor the nexct one.

The shuttle takes you to various accommodation near and in the resort.

Pimps.

We booked the shuttle in advance along with our flight. (We did it all through disney as it happens)

dogonpoints Tue 15-Sep-09 19:15:27

It's only a 40 min bus journey. If you're staying at disneyland for the whole hol, it would be a hassle hiring a car just for that, no?

Merrylegs Tue 15-Sep-09 19:24:29

You would really have to have a car at Davy Crockett though. Even if you could get a bus to drop you at the entrance, you might still have a trek to your cabin. It is basically a mahoosive static caravan park.

If I recall, the drive from CDG airport is only about 50km and is mostly motorway so I think you would be fine if you hired a car.

Aimsmum Tue 15-Sep-09 19:25:01

Message withdrawn

mumoverseas Wed 16-Sep-09 08:52:00

we went in July and stayed at Davy Crocket and you have to have a car. No buses go there and as others have said, it is massive and would take forever to walk from one end to the other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now