Talk

Advanced search

Beach holiday in April - where to go?

(7 Posts)
jacksgrannie Fri 11-Sep-09 07:45:25

Hi. I am the grandma of 2 dgss who will be 4 and 9 months next April. We would like to take them and their mum and dad somewhere sunny and suitable for children for a week next April. Needs to be not too far (shorthaul only), suitable for childen, and reasonably quiet, although not closed for the winter. Anyone any ideas? We have thought of Spain (Costas Blanca and Almeria) and possibly one of the Canary Islands - but are they suitable for small children and ancient grandparents? Any ideas anyone?

lavenderkate Fri 11-Sep-09 23:52:02

I would recommend the Canaries definitely. And I wish you were my Mum!

TigerDrivesAgain Fri 11-Sep-09 23:53:34

tunisia - we went at Easter a couple of years ago, it was lovely.

jacksgrannie Sat 12-Sep-09 14:45:22

Thanks for the replies. Can I ask which Canary Island would you go for/which resort in Tunisia. Both destinations would be OK for us as local airport flies there.

TigerDrivesAgain Sun 13-Sep-09 22:57:19

Port el Kantouai. Not very "authentic" but nice hotels, you can get a driver for not many £££ to go nice places (eg El Jem). Nice restaurants, nice beach. What's not to like.

lavenderkate Mon 14-Sep-09 22:03:50

Tenerife was great.
Los Cristianos was nice, very 'British' in parts but it depends what your budget is really and what youre looking for.
What about Italy? Great with the children.

minervaitalica Tue 15-Sep-09 08:38:15

Italy is great in April if you want to visit cities, but most of the beach resorts will be shut (season starts in May). However, you could consider the lakes (Garda, Como, Maggiore), or perhaps a stay in an agriturismo to enjoy the wine, the food etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now