Talk

Advanced search

Restaurant recommendations for Paris? (no children in tow, hoorah!)

(9 Posts)
queenofallshesurveys Wed 09-Sep-09 14:28:22

I am lucky enough to be having 24 hours in Paris next week, although it is with my mum rather than my husband, so I'm not looking for anything romantic! We are staying in the Champs Elysees area, and would like to go somewhere nice for dinner in the evening. We don't want anywhere too fancy or pricey, just somewhere where there will be a good atmosphere, nice food and lovely wine. We don't mind walking/travelling to the opera district or montmartre or further afield for the right palce. I just don't want to spend the whole of our only evening there walking around peering through restaurant windows only to finally pick somewhere disapointing and/or eye wateringly expensive. All suggestions are very welcome.smile

queenofallshesurveys Wed 09-Sep-09 16:54:41

anyone?

whinegums Wed 09-Sep-09 17:05:39

Go to the Chocolate & Zucchini website - a fab food blog by a Parisienne. There are loads of good recommendations on there, and you can search by arrondisement to find somewhere close to where you are. Have a fabulous time!

queenofallshesurveys Wed 09-Sep-09 18:02:59

thank you so much, it is really appreciated. it is a rare thing indeed to have a night away from the children so I really want to make the most of it. Thanks again, will have a look now. grin

whinegums Wed 09-Sep-09 18:12:08

Go for it! I am more jealous of you having a child free night than a trip to Paris - both together are pretty special!

Portofino Wed 09-Sep-09 18:14:50

E had lunch in the zinc brasserie or similarly named in st germain and was lovely and good value. When I can get on the pc I'll find a link.

Portofino Wed 09-Sep-09 18:24:45

Le Petit Zinc Le Petit Zinc

They have a terrace but the interior is Art Deco gorgeous and the staff couldn't do enough. And we had a small child and a buggy. I think we planned to stop for a snack and a drink as it was lunchtime, but ended up with 3 courses. And the food was gorgeous.

Prices must have been reasonable as we had a babysitter booked to go out for dinner that night for a romantic meal and wouldn't have considered if it was tear-inducing. The evening is the best time to wander round the Left Bank, and you can see Notre Dame all lit up.

Actually I'm kicking myself as I was in paris for work yesterday and in that general vicinity and just plumped for a 10 euro special nr St Severin. And I was on expenses....sad

teafortwo Wed 09-Sep-09 18:45:48

Me and my Mum like to go here...

www.julienparis.com/endroit/en/

Perhaps you and your Mum would like it too?

From where you are you would have to simply take metro line one then change at Chatelet for line four.

The area is a little 'raw', but extremely vibrant and with lots of immigrants and interesting looking shops. The restaurant is a true Parisian jewel! If you decide to go - just look out for the hats in the window!

queenofallshesurveys Fri 11-Sep-09 23:13:48

THEY BOTH LOOK FABULOUS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I WILL EMAIL MY MUM AND SEE WHICH she prefers (sorry, did not realise caps lock was on!) thank you so, so much for the help, I am REALLY looking forward to it!!
Merci beucoup,

queenie, xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now