Talk

Advanced search

Lanzorate - Playa Blanca

(7 Posts)
bigfatmummy Mon 07-Sep-09 20:49:07

Hi

Has anyone been here before please?

We are thinking of going for a weeks break in October ish. Was wondering what the area was like?

Should we go all inc or is it reasonbly priced for eating out?

What sort of restaurants etc are there (DC 6 and 4 and can be very picky over food...!!!)

Are the beaches nice?

Should we hire a car?

Any help greatfully recieved - many many thanks.

bigfatmummy Mon 07-Sep-09 20:52:10

Oh, it's the Sun Tropical with First Choice that we are thinking of. Any reviews welcome before we book!!

bigfatmummy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:52:15

anyone??????????? please????????????????

HolyGuacamole Tue 08-Sep-09 17:58:21

Hey smile

I was there about 5 years ago and from what I hear it's came along quite a bit as a resort. Was quite quiet and small when I was there. Maybe a few streets of shops, a play area for the kids, a little beach and not a lot else. Was nice to go walking at night etc. That was then though and like i say, I hear it is bigger/better now.

What I will say though is that we hired a car for 3 days and that was fab. Was cheap and allowed us to drive around and see the sights. There's the volcanic park which is really cool, I think kids would love it! Then there are other towns/resorts, caves to visit etc.

Near to Playa Blanca is Papagayo beach and that was really nice.

Sorry I'm not much help.

bigfatmummy Tue 08-Sep-09 23:59:44

Hi

Thanks so much for your reply. We were wondering about hiring a car aand from what you say it would be worth it. We don't want to go anywhere loud and noisy - just want a quiet break with the kids - so sounds like this could suit us quite well.

Thanks again xsmile

ihatethecold Wed 09-Sep-09 16:45:31

hi i went 6 yrs ago for a complete rest when i was preggers. i had a lovely time, very quiet resort. not alot of local nightlife. nice beach, had fab food most nights at a local italian. i would go again for a relaxing hol

gladders Mon 14-Sep-09 13:27:37

yup -been to playa blance twice - march this yr and last.

lovely beach and marina

2 separate restaurant areas: old seafront and marina. both nice. good choice of food BUT euro exchange rates made it much more expensive this year - on average a pretty low key meal for us and kids (who eat v little) was £50-£80

playa blanac is pretty self contained - enough to do and see not to need a car every day. we did hire a car to drive the volcano national park - worth a trip. you can hire cars by the day when you're there pretty cheaply.

enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now