Talk

Advanced search

4 small children & 2 adults Mallorca/Menorca Accomodation?

(3 Posts)
sallyk Sun 06-Sep-09 21:54:36

I'm struggling to find a holiday for next year for my family- 2 adults 4 children (2,4,6,8).
We want to fly from Norwich to either Mallorca/ Menorca as these are the shortest flights.
We want some entertainment,a family hotel with a decent pool suitable for toddlers.
The problem seems to be as baby will be 2 when we travel, we count as a family of 6.
No hotels seem to have this size room. So apartment seems only option. But it's turning out to be really expensive as even with free kids places or first one free second one discounted, number 3 & 4 have to pay the adult price???
Prvate renting of a villa seems a cheaper option. However I'd like all the entertainment etc offered by a hotel. Also I'd prefer not to cook whilst away and with the Euro how it is at present eating out will be soo expensive that I think Half Board or All inclusive could be the way to go.
Also we'd like a nice not to Blackpoolish type resort with a beach
Could anybody offer any advice please?..Much appreciated

jammietart Wed 09-Sep-09 21:03:46

I think Puerto Pollensa in Mallorca is ideal for young children. Busy, touristy centre with lots of restaurants and a few bars and a fantastic sandy beach (off the Pine Walk) but not Blackpool. Lots of accommodation but i've only stayed at the Illa D'or hotel (not great for kids at all) or self catering so can't help you there. We are looking at this place for next year

http://www.villaselect.com/villa-details.asp?villa=302

sallyk Thu 10-Sep-09 22:11:24

Thanks. Others I've spoken too have also recommended this resort. Just have to find a giant size hotel room to fit us all in!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now