Talk

Advanced search

Help! Can anyone tell me about Thomson charter flights and buggies?

(6 Posts)
artifarti Wed 02-Sep-09 20:45:46

I am currently trying to book a charter flight online with Thomson. My DS will be 12 months and so not entitled to a baggage allowance but I am confused as to whether I have to include his buggy as part of my allowance or whether they will carry it for free. Their FAQs just serve to confuse me even more!

Has anyone travelled with them recently and can enlighten me?

worzella Wed 02-Sep-09 20:49:00

We didn't travel with Thompson, but I had a similar deal with EasyJet. In the end I took a risk and it was fine! We didn't pay for the buggy - and just had to leave it at the bottom of the aircraft steps. At the other end, it came through at the side of the carousel!

artifarti Wed 02-Sep-09 22:25:40

Thanks worzella. On balance, I think I will risk it too...

giddybiddy Thu 03-Sep-09 16:25:14

Hi, we've travelled with Thomson just recently and they don't count buggies as part of your baggage allowance and the infant is allowed to have a car seat and buggy - I think up to 10 kilos from memory. Have flown lots with buggies and never had to account for them as part of the general baggage allowance.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 03-Sep-09 16:30:13

I flew with thompson a few years ago. Hated it, but they did allow the buggy.

choppychopster Fri 04-Sep-09 23:49:38

They don't count the buggy as part of your baggage allowance. Also Thomson Airways has introduced a baggage allowage of 10kg for infants under 2, but I think that may only be if you book your flight as part of a package with them rather than flight only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now