Talk

Advanced search

Provence / Languedoc-Roussillon - recommendations for next summer?

(10 Posts)
MmeLindt Mon 31-Aug-09 14:14:42

We are thinking about going to South of France next summer and are looking for self-catering accommodation, ideally within walking distance of a town/village, and with swimming pool/playarea.

We would be ok with either a campsite (no tent so mobile home or bungalow) or a villa/appartment.

Ruthiebabes Mon 31-Aug-09 18:55:44

There are plenty of child friendly gite complexes in Charente Maritime (South West near La Rochelle) We are planning for next year and there are a few lovely places that are very child friendly with lots for children to do.

Portofino Mon 31-Aug-09 18:59:14

we went with Siblu to Lac des Reves this year and it was lovely. Great pools/play areas and kids clubs. The village was within walking distance, and 5/10 mins drive to larger resort places and the beach.

TippyRabbit Tue 01-Sep-09 08:29:42

My daughter saw an advert for a family friendly villa in the South of France on the Small Ads section and we have been 3 years in a row now. we've been back every year because we want something where there is more than just a beach and the Languedoc has lots of stuff for us to all enjoy. we go with our daughter son in law and ourgrandchildren and we all love it. we have been to Spain and Portugal but have all fallen in love with this part of France and the villa too. the children almost feel like its our's as we've been so often. Our other daughter has joined us too a couple of times. the website is www.villakarli.co.uk/. oh and I think you can get a discount for being a mumsnet member so its worth asking. happy to answer any questions if you want to know anything or else you can contact the owners as they have always been most helpful to us. hope this helps

lobsters Wed 02-Sep-09 21:22:05

We're staying here soon http://www.villadesmaures.com/

Clearly don't know what it's like yet, but seems to meet your description, has a shared pool, is 20 mins from the sea and you can walk into the village which has several restaurants.

Badpups Sun 20-Sep-09 09:42:42

Try looking at some of the websites where you can book direct with the owners e.g. holiday-rentals.co.uk or ownersdirect. Tots to France personally inspect all the villas that they advertise so if baby/toddler friendly is a priority they might be worth a look.

We have a villa that meets your requirements exactly but it sleeps 11 + 2 cots so may be too big for you.

The Languedoc tends to be cheaper than Provence and less touristy but the scenery is different so it really depends what you want.

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:36:38

franceloc

we stayed with these people twice this year in our own outfit - they were great really friendly staff clean facilities and fab swim areas really good

My dd 10 really liked the swim areas

We stayed in one just south of valence and the other near the pont de gard - which i thought was a fab area, lots of roman influence and really liked Uzes

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:36:59

www.campings-franceloc.fr/

there website

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:43:05

www.campings-franceloc.fr/campings-ardeche-FR.html this was one, it was 2km out of town and easy to cycle.

www.campings-franceloc.fr/camping-gorges_du_gardon-FR.html this was the second one - we got it at 15E a night for two adults and one child due to it being after the 21 august.

Ivykaty44 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:46:29

Looking at the prices for thier cabins at gorges de gardens the price drops for those on 22/8 and I can asure you it is still well into the 30's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now