Talk

Advanced search

Barcelona

(7 Posts)
laraeo Sun 23-Aug-09 21:15:03

Hi. I friend of mine & I have just booked tickets to Barcelona for the half term break and now we're in search of accommodation. We'd like to do a self catering flat and need a minimum of 2 bedrooms. The tricky bit is finding a place that has a cot and preferably a high chair too. I've gone on the usual sites but am having a hard time finding filters for cots. Any suggestions?

MazB Mon 24-Aug-09 00:26:15

You could try www.go2barcelona.com, www.friendlyrentals.com or enjoy-barcelona.com.

They all mention on their websites that cots can be rented.

Not sure if you have been before but you'll have a fantastic time - it's a wonderful city!

laraeo Mon 24-Aug-09 08:32:28

Thanks! I've been on friendlyrentals.com and I'll check out the other sites you mentioned now.

Neither of us has been before and we're really excited about it!

geordieminx Mon 24-Aug-09 08:43:59

If you need a highchair I would reccomend taking one of those travel ones that fold up to lunch box size - we went at christmas and very few of the restuarants had highchairs (only hardrock cafe) or changing facilities. So a travel highchair and changing mat would be helpful..

I have been twice, once when I was 7 months pregnant,and once when ds was 18 months - its a fab city - definately recommend the bus tours - not chap but you can get on and off all day, and really get to see the city - the marina is fab, as are all of the parks. There is a 3/4 hour boat trip which is lovely.

laraeo Mon 24-Aug-09 09:06:06

Thanks for the tips. We've got a fabric travel highchair thing that I planned on taking but it'd be nice to have a "proper" highchair where we stay.

Now I'm getting even MORE excited about our trip.

geordieminx Mon 24-Aug-09 09:09:19

Yeah, I know what you mean about having a proper one, just thought I would mention lack of ones when you are out. We were quite lucky as ds was just about biig enough to sit on a normal chair.

Also... dont expect anyone to hold a door open for yoou with the pushchair grin

There is a light show at one of the fountains, its on every hour I think - its definately a must see - its done to music - I still havent seen it but its supposed to be fab - and free

lal123 Mon 24-Aug-09 09:14:13

I'm pretty sure we used enjoy Barcelona a few years ago to rent an apartment - it was great - lots of space, reasonable price and just off las ramblas. I love Barcelona and am very very jealous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now