Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done EuroDisney from Edinburgh or Glasgow and how did you get there on the other side- help required?

(14 Posts)
shootfromthehip Tue 18-Aug-09 20:20:31

To cut a lond story short we won a mini break to Euro Disney and it's proving to be a difficult thing to plan. They will provide Eurostar travel from St Pancras at 10am and back there at 10pm. Tricky.

They will provide free transfers from CDG or Orly Airports but not Beauvais.

We are broke and really want to go but are not sure what the best/ cheapest way of getting there is. Our kids are 2 and 5 so a long journey is not ideal. We are an hour north of Glasgow but could fly from Edinburgh or Glasgow or at a push Prestwick (only goes to Beauvais though- so how do we get to Eurodisney as cheaply and quickly as possible ourselves?)

Any thoughts/ anyone done it on the cheap?

gscrym Tue 18-Aug-09 20:26:25

If you get yourself a family railcard, it'll save you a lot. Flying from Prestwick to Stansted will cost at least £200 for all of you. I've been looking at sending DH and DS to London for the day. It was about £32 for the 2 return train tickets and then £60 for an overnight stay. If you fly to London then you still have the costs of getting from the airport to St Pancreas. It should take about 4.5hrs to get to Kings Cross from Edinburgh. If you book seats with a table then you can take some food, games and the kids might be okay with that.

gscrym Tue 18-Aug-09 20:30:02

We went to Beauvais and hired a car. We stayed at Eurodisney for 3 nights. Driving round the outskirts of Paris was very stressful. If I was doing it again, I'd either go to CDG or Orly.

It didn't seem that dear when we were there but there are a lot of Disney stores and DS came home with a lot of toys. The other thing we found was DS was a bit small for a lot of the rides which lead to a bit of moaning.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 18-Aug-09 20:34:04

We drove!!!!! We took the car and it was really easy. Kids were 7 and 5. Stayed overnight at the hotel at the ferry terminal, got an early ferry, booked a cabin about 20 mins drive away. It was a great adventure and I would do it again in a minute.

gscrym Tue 18-Aug-09 20:37:44

If you drive, you could try to get somewhere cheap to stay on the way down and the way back. We found it cheaper to drive to East Midlands and stay in a hotel than to fly from Scotland.

Aimsmum Tue 18-Aug-09 20:41:48

Message withdrawn

shootfromthehip Tue 18-Aug-09 20:45:58

Thanks everyone- am really not sure what to do for the best. We can get really cheap flights to Beauvais and DH says that he doen't mind driving but I have the fear of the Parisian driver- scary.

The driving from here also scares me- my crazy 2.7 yr old in a car for 14 ish hours. Argh.

Will check out the trains though, many thanks.

shootfromthehip Tue 18-Aug-09 20:47:43

Aimsmum- who did you fly with? Cheers x

gscrym Tue 18-Aug-09 20:53:48

I flew with Ryanair and although the flights cost us less than £100 for three of us, we were about the same again for car hire. There was the fees for parking at Prestwick.

If you can cope with driving from Beauvais, it's about 3 hours. Once you get past the horror of Parisien driving, the motorway to Eurodisney's fine.

Also try a site called Unpackaged Attractions for tickets. We found them to be the cheapest.

Aimsmum Tue 18-Aug-09 20:58:18

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:00:27

Message withdrawn

shootfromthehip Tue 18-Aug-09 21:14:46

I'm about to bang my head off a wall. There is NOT a cheap way to do this- we are tied in to specific dates as there is a special event on on evening (part of the prize). Arghhhhhh.

Aimsmum Tue 18-Aug-09 21:29:53

Message withdrawn

MrsMuddle Tue 18-Aug-09 22:39:14

We flew Prestwick to Beauvais. There's a two hour bus journey into the centre of Paris, but the bus stops very, very close to a metro station. You get on the metro (there may be one change - I can't remember) and then you arrive at Eurodisney in time for lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now