Talk

Advanced search

october break with a one year old - want to do europe and try mark warner or neilson

(3 Posts)
katherine2008 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:01:25

hi, any advice on a first holiday abroad for dh, dd who will be 13 months in October and me who'd like a little sun and some R&R and a bit of a rest from my adorable little girl...!! we've thought about mark warner and neilson and booking last minute.. any advice from anyone who has done the european resorts they offer? or any advice as to good alternatives? we'd like to put dd into childcare for maybe half the afternoons we are there so dh and I can remind each other who we are...!! thank you!

everlong Fri 14-Aug-09 17:36:58

Went to Kos in July ( mark warner ) with our 2 younger ds's aged nearly 10 and 3, it was our first time so we didn't really know what to expect.

The hotel itself is in need of an update, the bedrooms have had a face lift not that long ago and were nice..

The childcare is very good and you do feel at ease leaving your child/ren with them. There are a number of clubs for children depending on their age.

The rooms that are used are large and spacious with air con. They do all sorts of activities and vary these daily.

DH and I really did enjoy our few hours every afternoon alone, we would go down to the adult beach and read or sleep!! or just have a nice cold beer. Fab.

Do it and enjoy yourseves.

There is alot of sport available is thats your thing, tennis, scuba diving, sailing which is in the cost of the holiday.

Not been to Neilson so don't know about that sorry.

katherine2008 Fri 14-Aug-09 17:39:23

thank you that sounds great, i like the sound of mark warner over neilson... any other experiences appreciated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now