Talk

Advanced search

Good places to go for me (sans dh) and my two boys aged 7 and 5 middle of next year?

(3 Posts)
michaelad Tue 04-Aug-09 22:03:43

bit of a longshot but I thought you ladies might have some good recommendations. I need somewhere where the weather is reasonably reliant, the kids can be entertained to a degree and where we can go and see things easily enough because I don't drive either.

LadyMuck Sun 09-Aug-09 23:54:02

Budget? How long? Are you looking for city break type, or some sort of activity?

Not necessarily reliable for weather but I think that Amsterdam is quite good for this age. Plenty of indoor activities, yet also great to hire a bike. Also fairly easy to find tours out to tulips etc.

Centreparcs Europe is also good for this age. In Holland each park has some sort of specialty eg snow dome or jungle dome.

A Neilsun/Sunsail/Mark Warner type holiday will have some kids club type setup included, but pricing for a single adult will vary dramatically depending on when you want to go.

I have to say that personally when I am unable to go with dh we tend to fly round visiting friends and family - more adult company for me, and they can always recommend somewhere local to go. But then I do drive, so this is a fairly easy option for UK/Ireland, and I take the Eurostar for Brussels and Amsterdam.

Leslaki Mon 10-Aug-09 23:05:43

www.portofelice.it where we went last year and going back on Friday!! fab trips to caorle and venice! Get a cheap deal and cheap flights to marco Polo then you can get a bus direct to campsite. (ask for Eraclea mare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now