Talk

Advanced search

Help! Italian Holiday Mid September

(6 Posts)
cal79 Tue 04-Aug-09 15:58:44

Any suggestions for my dilema would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for somewhere, in Italy, to spend a week in mid Sept with husband, 2.5 year old and 6 month old. So in other words somewhere with things to occupy the toddler (beach would be fab), a bit of sightseeing/good restaurants for us and baby friendly - making bottles etc. Already been to Lake Garda and Venice so would prefer a change. Had a look at Lido di Jesolo and was put off a little by some reviews.

Any ideas for a fussy one??!!

Thanks....

LIZS Tue 04-Aug-09 16:02:16

The Lakes further north ? Maggiore and Como or example. You could easily have a day trip to Milan and into Switzerland. Or the area around Genoa has some lovely beaches and seaside rides for young kids.

gio71 Wed 05-Aug-09 08:15:12

How about Viareggio in Tuscany? Nice beach, pine woods with games and bars/pizzerias to escape heat if you get a hot Sept and near to Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Siena and all the Tuscan countryside. You can fly to Pisa. Very Italian resort and shouldn't be too overcrowded in Sept.Have a look here.
http://www.welcometuscany.it/tuscany/tuscanybeachescoasts/versilia/viareggio.htm

MadameCastafiore Wed 05-Aug-09 08:19:31

here is where we go.

Is lovely, although slap bang in the middle of the country so a bit of a drive to a beach. The people there are fantastic, it is really baby friendly and you can get a train to Rome or Florence for the day or drive up to Sienna which is beautiful.

We used to fly to Fiorli but I think you have to fly to Bologna now.

Ravello is also very nice, you can go down to Amalfi then for the beach of get a hydrofoil across to Capri.

Nicholalovesitaly Thu 06-Aug-09 14:06:59

Hi,
we stayed at a great place in central Italy. There is a beach 20 minutes away, waterparks nearby and loads to do. There are 3 self catering units and they have all childrens equipment, toys and 2 play areas. Take a look at the website www.aplaceinumbria.com We flew into Perugia from Stansted but I you could fly into Pisa, Ancona or Rome. The restaurants nearby are all local so you dont get loads of tourists.

cal79 Fri 07-Aug-09 17:57:48

Thanks for all your replies, they've been really helpful.

Now fingers crossed we can book somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now