Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a villa (with pool) on the Costa del Sol?

(15 Posts)
Greedygirl Sat 01-Aug-09 19:28:32

We are going to have a cheap and cheerful hol with friends next Easter. There will be 4 adults and 3 LOs under 4. I am going crazy looking at websites and sometimes personal recommendations come up trumps. Any advice and recommendations really appreciated!

Lilypink Sat 01-Aug-09 21:46:16

Hi, I shall follow your thread with interest - I am looking for a family friendly Villa for 4 adults and 4 kids under 4! Lets hope there are some good recommendations.

Our friends who we are going with have suggested doing all inclusive to Turkey or something - but I feel that it will make the evenings difficult as once you have eaten at the buffet you are then stuck with kids in pushchairs?!

I really want to go somewhere recommended too.
Will post if I hear of something.

Greedygirl Sun 02-Aug-09 11:44:37

Hi Lilypink - no joy so far!
Have you tried Jessica's Villas yet? THey have a good site with some lovely family friendly villas but some a bit out of our budget.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 02-Aug-09 11:48:14

not a recommendation for a specific property, but have you looked on ownerd direct or holiday rentals.
I have used them for a number of years and stayed at a variety of places.

Greedygirl Sun 02-Aug-09 11:49:02

Oh btw this was the one we wanted to stay in (recommended to us) but it is booked for the week we want
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/benalmadena/50517

x

Lilypink Sun 02-Aug-09 21:26:07

OMG its lovely but way out of our budget!! £1,500 for a week??!! I have seen some nice ones on James Villas but like you understand have no idea what they are really like unless someone we know has actually been there and recommends.

Greedygirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:01:49

We are going in March so it would be a lot cheaper then - half that price! I'm getting nowhere fast sad.

Greedygirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:02:45

Thanks Chasing Squirrels btw, i'll have a look on holiday rentals, not seen that one.

Lilypink Tue 04-Aug-09 22:45:48

friends we are going with have their heart set on an all inclusive hotel with mega loads of entertainment etc etc - oh dear, let the squabbling commence....

I am just not keen on being squished into a hotel room, partic in the evenings when kiddies sleeping and we have to be sat in the dark with tv on silence. I am looking for all inclusive apartments to see if that can be a comprimise. We will then have a bit of space can have some nibbles and sit on balcony etc.

IMO a villa would be perfect.

hayes Tue 04-Aug-09 22:53:25

I'm not long back from this one

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx?home_id=34022
was fantastic apartment although it is very hilly there, you would need to take the bus to go down to beach etc. Great pools, loads of outdoor space.

and am going to this one in October
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx?home_id=58425
renting from same people they have other properties too. Jill and Jon lovely people, they can arrange to collect you from airport too.

hayes Tue 04-Aug-09 22:54:42

sorry my links haven't worked but the address is there smile

hayes Tue 04-Aug-09 22:58:53

meant to say both in Benalmadena, second one is up to Pueblo lovely place. We loved it so much we booked for October couple of days after we came back

dietqueen Wed 05-Aug-09 17:37:59

this is a lovely place http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p92097

onlyanauntie Tue 11-Aug-09 20:29:30

Stayed in a townhouse (sleeps 6/7) on Los Arqueros golf resort near Marbella this year. Absolutely beautiful - very peaceful and relaxing, lots of space to chill. Reasonable rates too. Found it on www.whenarewethere.com

Greedygirl Thu 13-Aug-09 20:10:34

Hi everyone and thanks for your recommendations. I was hol last week so I didn't have a chance to check my messages. The apartments look fab Hayes and dietqueen but a little small as we all want to be together so we can swap lie-ins etc! Good to know about Benalmadena Pueblo as we have considered a couple of villas in that area.

Onlyanauntie - Thanks for the recommendation - I am now lost in all the los arqueros brochures! Arghhh! Looks lovely though.

Any joy yet Lilypink. It is so hard choosing somewhere with friends isn't it? I don't want to choose anything in case they don't like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now