Talk

Advanced search

Lac Du Der, Champagne

(6 Posts)
geekgirl Wed 29-Jul-09 14:05:19

Anyone been? We're off to France for the last week of August/1st week of September and don't have any firm plans yet. We've got a motorhome so are very flexible.
Dh wants to stay near the coast, but I am so fed up with the crap weather - I want to go inland for some nice continental sunshine. Need somewhere where we can windsurf/sail, and Lac Du Der sounds nice...

Quattrocento Wed 29-Jul-09 14:15:44

I don't know Champagne well but whenever we've been through the region, I've always been struck by how very flat it is. It's the french equivalent of Norfolk. Not a hill in sight. Flat flat flat. They talk about the plains of Champagne. Troyes is beautiful of course. Don't know the Lac du Der. Wherever you go, it will be usually have nicer weather than the UK.

geekgirl Wed 29-Jul-09 16:32:43

thanks quattro, that's interesting to know. Any good suggestions of lakes in northern France? I don't know that area at all really.

blowbroth Wed 29-Jul-09 16:52:05

We ended up here once when our usual site was full. It was lovely but we were just passing through so didn't really see the area but what we did see was great. It's about a 5/6 hour drive from Calais. Certainly not flat grin

geekgirl Wed 29-Jul-09 16:58:05

ooh blowbroth that sounds like a nice place

Did you like the site?

blowbroth Wed 29-Jul-09 17:03:51

Yes, I remeber now we stopped here because on our way back from the south coast it was raining and this site has an indoor pool. We also ate in the restaurant which was pretty good too. You can get down to the beach but not sure about lugging a wind surfer down. There may be somewhere to store them there. Yes, we did like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now