Talk

Advanced search

Somewhere sunny we can afford!?

(5 Posts)
doodleboo Tue 28-Jul-09 08:37:06

Hello! DH has announced he would like a week in the sun on a beach somewhere. It needs to be easy to get to from an airport and near some food!

We have DCs who are 3 and 1, so are flexible about dates - thinking september time and greece (according to mumsnet!) but not really bothered so long as the weather is nice.

We've never been on a holiday together as we've never had the money, but if we can find somewhere cheap enough then we can go.

I'm not desperate for luxury, a clean travelodge would suit me!

I am finding a lot of holiday sites quite intimidating - any recommendations? I've never booked a holiday myself and really have no idea!

Thank you!

DLI Tue 28-Jul-09 17:50:51

corfu is nice (sidari is the more family orientated and also pretty flat for when pushing a pushchair)

we have just booked up to go to Majorca, never been but got a good deal with Thomas Cook.

Go all inclusive if you can (wherever you go), You will find that there isnt that much difference in price and if you stay in europe the euro is so low it makes eating out etc very expensive

coolma Tue 28-Jul-09 21:00:53

ooh, DLI - we're going to majorca for the first time too in August. Whereabouts are you headed? HAve to agree though - Corfu is lovely, sidari bit too busy for us, but kassiopi and acharavi lovely.

nappyaddict Wed 29-Jul-09 14:00:32

How about cyprus

or spain

nappyaddict Wed 29-Jul-09 14:33:36

bulgaria

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now