Talk

Advanced search

Puerto Pollensa, Majorca

(5 Posts)
Greatfun Sun 26-Jul-09 20:50:58

Anyone been?

We are thinking of going in the second week of August with DS aged 17 months and DD aged 3.10. We would prefer self catering.

Whose best to book with?
Whats to see/do
Is it worth hiring a car
How hot does it get at this time of year

Anything you can think of.

Thanks

Ledodgy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:01:45

OOh you need MMJ. She had a fab time there a few weeks back.

Cleanitlikebanksysmaid Sun 26-Jul-09 21:05:45

We went at beginning of June....it was wonderful, loved every minute. We booked with James Villas who were really good and would recommend them. I would say yes book a car, James Villas will sort this out for you, you can pick it up at the airport. I should think it does get very hot in August, but with a pool to cool you down during the day and A C at night I think I could probably live with it. We'll be going back next year.

rookiemater Sun 26-Jul-09 21:06:42

Puerto Pollensa is a lovely resort for small children, just the right amount of excitement. We booked a villa through Villa Plus , but there were more of us. I'd say you could just about do without a car as there isn't loads to see nearby and provided you are within walking distance of the beach then that's probably as much excitement as you need if its for a week. It's a reasonable sized resort with a main street to walk down and a selection of restaurants/ice cream parlours/shops. We liked it.

I'd imagine it would be v. hot in August, we went in June and it was pleasant but not boiling.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sun 26-Jul-09 23:44:18

I loved the beach at Puerto Pollensa but would recommend a car so that you visit Pollensa itself (which is about a 20 minute or less drive, inland). We spent our days on the beach but the evenings were lovely in the main town - its very pretty with medieval streets and a fab town square surrounded by restaurants.

We also visited Soller which was worth the trek across the mountains. Fantastic scenery and even our DCs were in awe of the view (and were then only 3 and 7!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now