Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to go on holiday with a 23 month old?

(13 Posts)
bitofadramaqueen Wed 22-Jul-09 21:38:04

We're not going on holiday this year sad so I've decided to start doing some research on where to go next summer to cheer me up!

It'll be our first proper holiday with DS. The only criteria at the moment are:

Early June
Flight time from UK less than 4 hours
Ideally a direct flight from Edinburgh or Glasgow
Baby and adult friendly
Self-catered
Facilities for BBQ
Not too long a drive from the airport to the destination

I don't know the first thing about holidaying with a little person so all suggestions and tips welcome. we're thinking of a villa/apartment type of thing. Not too fussed about the beach, but I guess a pool would be nice.

bitofadramaqueen Wed 22-Jul-09 21:39:11

Oh, he'll be a fully fledged toddler by then, so 'both toddler and adult friendly' is probably more appropriate!

hf128219 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:40:48

Corsica
Sardinia
Majorca/Menorca
Canaries
Cyprus

Go onto the BAA Websites for Glasgow and Edinburgh airports and you will be able to see what airlines/companies fly direct from there.

mrsjammi Wed 22-Jul-09 21:41:02

Message withdrawn

mrsjammi Wed 22-Jul-09 21:42:34

Message withdrawn

bitofadramaqueen Wed 22-Jul-09 21:59:24

Good tip hf - just had a quick look and I think we might have to consider flying from London after all....

Thanks for suggestions so far.

bitofadramaqueen Wed 22-Jul-09 22:11:47

Or Manchester or Newcastle...

bitofadramaqueen Thu 23-Jul-09 20:09:02

bump for more ideas...

rookiemater Thu 23-Jul-09 22:56:01

There are loads of direct flights from Edinburgh and Glasgow now.

Holidays we have enjoyed avec rookietoddler.

Direct flight Edinburgh - Nice, child friendly appartment sourced through Chez Nous, great as DS was young enough to sleep through lunch maybe not so good with an active 2 year old

Lanzarote - One bed roomed appartment at Costa Teguise, very toddler friendly as smallish resort with nice beaches, restaurants all low key and welcoming

La Manga Club - book accomodation through some of the owner based website to get it cheap. Direct flights again from Edinburgh to Murcia. The accomodation standard is excellent, pick a part which has a heated outdoor pool, lots of nice restaurants, can hire bikes, very relaxing place

Most recently Edinburgh - Bergerac, stayed at a fab place called le Pavillon De St Agnan. Full(well the 4 other gites were) of other toddler laden families, heated pool, play area with trampoline, play room, ability to order in meals and teenage daughters willing to babysit for next to nothing.

Phew, wipes sweat from brow, exhausting going on all those holidays ...

rookiemater Thu 23-Jul-09 23:04:28

Oh just remembered another blush Edinburgh to Majorca stayed in a villa just outside puerto pollensa, great place for young children, not huge, nice beach, lots of child friendly restaurants.

bitofadramaqueen Fri 24-Jul-09 20:19:26

That's a great list, thanks rookiemater. Me and DH planning a night in front of the computer screen looking at holidays and ignoring the torrential rain!

Nicholalovesitaly Thu 06-Aug-09 14:16:50

Try this page this place it is fab. We went there on our first family holiday and it was great, took all the stress away.

deaddei Sun 09-Aug-09 11:37:21

Rocha Brave resort near Carvoiero Portugal- took ds when he was just 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now