Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quiet resorts on Greek Islands, toddler friendly within walking distance to the beach

(13 Posts)
ministryofsleep Wed 22-Jul-09 13:18:18

We are looking for somewhere quiet, a few restaurants and tavernas but nothing too lively grin, must be within easy walking distance of nice beaches and/or coves. We have been looking at Paleokastritsa in Corfu but think it might be too hilly with 2 toddlers trekking up and down to the beach! if anyone has any recommendations that would be great

lillypie Wed 22-Jul-09 13:40:47

Skala on Kefelonia is fab in fact the whole Island is lovely.Worth checking out. smile

ministryofsleep Wed 22-Jul-09 13:41:48

Thnaks Lillypie, we have stayed in Agia Efimia in Kefalonia, and loved it there, will check Skala out, thank you

janinlondon Wed 22-Jul-09 14:05:29

Does it have to be an island? Because if not, Stoupa in the Peloponnese is fab for toddlers. Try googling Greek Options.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 22-Jul-09 14:37:13

Can heartily recommend Aghia Paraskevi in Skiathos. I was there in June this year sans children but loved it so much as it was quiet, blue flag beach and just a handful of tavernas/supermarkets etc. Only a 20 minute transfer to the airport too and 15 mins from Skiathos town.

I will definitely return with my children next year

Kiwinyc Wed 22-Jul-09 17:23:22

Simpson Villa's in Zykynthos - 10 walk to big sandy beach, restaurants with playgrounds on the way. The have a creche too, if you want a bit of a break.

Kiwinyc Wed 22-Jul-09 17:23:50

Sorry, thats Simpson Periyali Villas

ministryofsleep Wed 22-Jul-09 20:30:52

Thanks everyone - TheRealMrsJohnSimm - Aghia Paraskevi looks exactly what we're looking for smile which apartments/hotel did you stay in if you don't mind me asking?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 25-Jul-09 15:39:37

We stayed in Ioannis Apartments also known as Green Park Apartments. They were lovely. Very small development - just 16 apartments in total - small pool, mostly adults but there were a few families with young children too. There is a small bar/restaurant there. Food is plentiful and its a lovely place to sit in the evening. We booked through Thomson Small & Friendly but I believe you can book direct (only went that route as niece works for First Choice so we got a discount!). I would be tempted to get a ground floor apartment next time so that the kids can access the gardens directly instead of negotiating steps etc.

There are lots of small apartments/studios for rent in Paraskevi - most of them independent so its worth searching.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 25-Jul-09 15:40:30

Oh and if you are after a bit of luxury, the Princess Hotel is right on the beach and looks gorgeous and seemed popular with families but not overrun, iyswim

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 25-Jul-09 15:47:39

Green Park Apartments here

ministryofsleep Sat 25-Jul-09 19:09:03

thanks for that - have been checking out a villa in Agia Paraskevi, thanks for the tip though - looks like we're definitely going there smile

ministryofsleep Mon 24-Aug-09 22:52:32

Hi TheRealMrsJohnSimm - if you do come across this thread again, just wondered if Aghia Paraskevi has it's own cashpoint or if we would need to go into Skiathos Town for cash? Just trying to work out whether to take all euros or cash card?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now