Talk

Advanced search

Do we need a car seat on a short haul flight?

(5 Posts)
Susiesch Mon 20-Jul-09 20:39:03

Hi, please help! My 2 year old and I are going on a flight to Europe soon, and the airline (Easyjet) has said we need to bring a car seat. I have never heard of this before, we are hiring a car seat the other end so I don't really want to traipse round with our large Maxi-cosi 'Tobi' if avoidable. Does anyone know if you 'have' to take the seat, or if it's a good idea? Or can they just sit on a seat like we will? Many thanks

OrangeFish Mon 20-Jul-09 20:45:24

I'm sure I used easy jet several times when DS was 2 and I was never requested to bring a car seat. And I'm very sure I have never seen anyone on board with one.

Whether it is a new policy or you got the wrong info, I don't know but definitively worth ringing them again.

NumptyMum Mon 20-Jul-09 21:00:01

I'd check. I've flown with DS in the UK several times and have never needed one, they have the orange seatbelt that straps into your seatbelt when child sits on your lap. However DS is not yet 2 - at 2 you have to pay full price for your baby and they sit in their own seat. I can't think how they would suddenly need a car seat and not use the seatbelt given the orange seatbelt isn't v different... Would be interested to know the answer as we're flying easyjet just after DS's 2nd birthday (UK flight only though).

Susiesch Mon 20-Jul-09 22:35:59

Thanks very much - will double-check & update this board with the answer!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 22-Jul-09 18:41:35

We have flown a lot with easyjet (most recently in April) and have never been asked to bring our own carseat on board (irrespective of children's ages). DCs have always just sat in regular airline seat with usual seatbelt from age of 2 and prior to that were on my knee with the special infant belt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now