Talk

Advanced search

Mallorca at Easter???

(8 Posts)
KEAWYED Sat 18-Jul-09 22:40:13

Hi i've booked 2 weeks at easter in Mallorca. People are telling me it's to cold and nothings open, Is this true would you cancel. I can cancel without incurring any charges. Please help as I dont want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks

KEAWYED Sun 19-Jul-09 09:19:09

HELLO

littlemissbossy Sun 19-Jul-09 09:26:01

Weather probably not great and things don't really open until May. Can you go end of May? We went then this year and although people told me weather would be very mixed we had lovely weather (and only one afternoon of rain)

MIAonline Sun 19-Jul-09 09:30:11

I have been to Mallorca at Easter before and it was lovely. The weather was fine, wasn't too hot or cold. Depends what you are planning though. We had a villa in the countryside, so weren't actually wanting 'things to do' but we did do a few touristy things and I don't remember anything being closed.

One thing you may want to check is when any Easter religious festivals are because everything closes then.

I wasn't sure about Mallorca, before going as I thought it might be a bit touristy but it really is a beautiful island. Have a lovely time.

BTW, those moaning about it to you are only jealous!

Kiwinyc Sun 19-Jul-09 17:29:15

I think the weather is a bit unreliable and rainy but as long as you're aren't expecting summer temps it might be ok. (MOre like low 20's) It does get cold in the evenings though and most accomodation is built for the heat, not the cold... If it were me i would rebook for late May or June.

KEAWYED Sun 19-Jul-09 20:24:06

Im off to Tenerife instead.

Kiwinyc Mon 20-Jul-09 12:23:18

good idea - can I come too! grin

KEAWYED Mon 20-Jul-09 20:26:30

Sounds good Kiwinyc...dump the hubby and kids and lets have a girly holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now