Talk

Advanced search

Top Secret Hotels (lastminute.com) - anyone ever done this?

(7 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 16-Jul-09 19:26:10

And was it successful? Where did you go?

I am considering going for a 4* hotel in Venice. It says centrally located and inc. breakfast.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 17-Jul-09 23:53:49

We once did it for a night in London. HUGE mistake. Thankfully it was the night before our wedding anniversary (for which we were taking eurostar to Paris). Was less than impressed.

Alleged 4* hotel in Covent Garden was a total crap hole where the non-smoking room stank of smoke, was so small we could barely walk around the bed to get to the bathroom etc and we got bitten by some kind of bedbug creatures.

lemonpuff Sat 18-Jul-09 00:11:44

Hi, apparently you can lift a line of the discription of the hotel and then google it, and get some idea.THe money saving guy on GMTV said so anyway.....

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 18-Jul-09 10:23:04

Try this company. They have some brilliant discounts and are probably cheapest on the web in many cases. Can also recommend this one too.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 19-Jul-09 08:46:13

Thank you guys, I shall steer clear in that case. I thought it might be quite fun, but if it is crap, it would not be fun, even in Venice!

littlemissbossy Sun 19-Jul-09 09:05:07

We have done this in London and got a good hotel for just over £120 room only - booked the day before. Room was small but hotel was fine and on Park Lane. I did what Lemonpuff said and worked out which hotel it was first.

FritesMenthe Sun 19-Jul-09 09:17:06

Do Lemonpuff's google thing, then check out the reviews on Tripadvisor.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now