Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I bring for Spanish host?

(7 Posts)
maggiethecat Wed 15-Jul-09 22:55:50

We will be spending a night with a family (not very close friends) in Barcelona before continuing with our holiday and I'd like to take them a present.
Is there anything from the UK that Spaniards are particularly fond of? They have 2 young girls and I'm thinking that they might like something like Paddington Bear.
Insider info welcome.

bottletopbill Thu 16-Jul-09 11:48:19

gosh I would take:

A little English hamper of foods jams, shortbread and what about some soaps from evelyn and crabtree etc...

What age are the children? What about some english books, or some english games? and english sweets of course

Cies Thu 16-Jul-09 11:52:10

My Spanish ILs like:
Crabtree and Evelyn stuff or similar (MIL and SILs)
shortbread, scones, fudge, ginger cake (everyone)
story books and story cds plus the usual stickers and colouring books(9yo, 7yo and 4yo nieces and nephews)

Paddington bear stuff would also go down well I think.

maggiethecat Thu 16-Jul-09 12:00:56

Ok - so am planning a trip into central london today - was thinking of John Lewis tho DH thinks Harrods might have more cachet (I always think Harrods looks like you're trying too hard).

Crabtree and Eve sounds good, so does fudge.

Girls are 4yrs and 6mths. Charlie and Lola for the elder?

Cies, what would your ILs think of Seville Orange marmalade? grin

missmama Thu 16-Jul-09 12:35:03

Given the choice you have to go to Harrods just for the bag to put it in grin

Cies Thu 16-Jul-09 19:29:07

Probably too late now but my ILs LOVE marmalade grin.

What did you get in the end?

maggiethecat Thu 16-Jul-09 20:39:35

Just dragged myself throught the door after a long day of wandering up and down Oxford St (had to get a few bits for myself IYSWIM) - should have gone to Harrods as I'd prob have got everything there.
Ok - so I got Farrahs fudge (never heard of them but they've been around for yonks), got Crab & Eve soap and some Floris soap, got some shortbread from Sainsbos. When I was in Zara asked Spanish sales as'tant what she takes back - lemon curd! So didnt get marmalade but apparently lemon curd goes down well so got some too.
Also got small Paddington bear and a Jellycat rabbit for girls.
Something is sure to be a hit don't you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now