Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who might be able to recommend a lovely gite for the first couple of weeks in September?

(9 Posts)
vonsudenfed Mon 13-Jul-09 19:49:10

As I have no idea how to tell a good one from a turkey on the net and I know someone will have just the right idea...

We're looking for somewhere a bit further south than Brittany/Normandy to give us a good chance with the weather. We have a 2.8 year old, who'd like a beach, and us, who'd like some good food and a rest. We don't mind a bit of a drive as we may split the journey up and stop on the way.

I did find this lot via a recommendation on here, but then I found someone else on the net complaining that the owners were arsey and the cottages weren't that great so now I don't know who to believe. There are lots of other nice ones recommended on here, but not many near a beach, so can anyone help?

vonsudenfed Mon 13-Jul-09 19:50:47

Gah, wrong link, but those people also have smaller cottages. I do not, however much I would like it, need an entire chateau to holiday in...

vonsudenfed Mon 13-Jul-09 21:44:13

anyone?

rookiemater Mon 13-Jul-09 21:47:11

This is not near a beach but has outdoor heated pool, play area, babysitting and if you are lucky some other children to play with. We stayed in June twas lovely lepavillondestagnan.com

rookiemater Mon 13-Jul-09 21:48:23

Oops that link didn't seem to work but google le pavillon de st agnan.

OllieWollieWoo Tue 14-Jul-09 11:30:28

Never been and no idea re availability but this has been saved on my favourites for a while:

here

vonsudenfed Tue 14-Jul-09 13:19:21

Ollie - that's one we were/are really seriously looking at - and they do have a bit of availability, but it's an hour from the beach, so I wanted to see if there was anywhere a bit nearer. Ditto Rookiemater - looks lovely too.

Do gites near the beach not have to try so hard, perhaps?

OllieWollieWoo Wed 15-Jul-09 07:45:48

OOoo - thats a coincidence given all the gites there are to choose from! We've been going to that area for the last 3 years - every year we look for something nice nearer a beach and can never find anything! Can only seem to find smaller apartments or v expensive houses in beach resorts!

Just got back from around St Jean dÁngeley and had a lovley time - the journey to the beach didnt bother us too much - we just got up and out quite early in the mornings to make the most of the day there.

What about this one nearer the coast: here
Or this one more inland:
here

vonsudenfed Thu 16-Jul-09 10:04:11

mmm, that first one looks nice. Might drop them a line - although - thanks to another thread on here - am now also looking at camping on the isle de rey!

If you want one nr the coast, the one I linked to in my first post has cottages and is also near the sea - I've talked to the MNer who recommended it, and she said they are not grumpy at all, so that's OK!

Am spoilt for choice now, don't know what to do...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now