Talk

Advanced search

someone had been to a really nice campsite in Italy and I can't find it [sad]

(18 Posts)
loflo Mon 13-Jul-09 13:27:24

can some kind soul please help me out. I have noticed a few times a link for a campsite in Italy (quite near the coast I think) which someone has recommended more that once. And I told someone at work I would find it for them and can't. Can anyone help?

TIA

choppychopster Tue 14-Jul-09 23:30:31

I think I've seen Park Albtros mentioned on here a few times. Just come back from a week there with DH and 2yo DD. Had a fab time, lovely location with lots of pine trees, huge swimming pool with a kind of bouncy surface which is great for little ones and excellent playground. About 10 mins walk from the beach (athough there are much better ones about 10 mins drive away).

It is near San Vincenzo, Tuscany, so well located for sightseeing, wine trails, etc. Not that we managed to do any of that with DD in tow!

Booked through www.thomsonalfresco.co.uk.

choppychopster Tue 14-Jul-09 23:31:06

that should be Albatros - not Albtros.

MaryLaMereDuFromage Tue 14-Jul-09 23:32:40

Might also be Parc Albatros with a c? Deffo San Vincenzo.

We liked it.

bottletopbill Wed 15-Jul-09 22:46:18

villa pia

chickatee Thu 16-Jul-09 17:17:57

Is it this one by any chance. I've seen it mentioned on here a few times and always thought it looked good.

Leslaki Wed 22-Jul-09 00:09:18

Chickatee - waqs just about to suggest that one!! We're going back again in 3 weeks!!

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Wed 22-Jul-09 00:11:34

we did ca savio near venice which was lovely but too many bloody mosquitos-we were eaten alive!

ihatethecold Wed 22-Jul-09 11:23:56

norcenni girasole near florence is fantastic

chickatee Wed 22-Jul-09 23:07:19

Hi Leslaki, yes I think it was mainly your recommedations that I saw grin. Not surprised you're going back again, it looks really nice.

I agree that Norcenni Girasole is fab too, not exactly near the coast though.

Chinwag Wed 22-Jul-09 23:19:05

Another vote for Parc Albatross

Sibella1 Sun 26-Jul-09 17:04:24

Pra delle Torri was fab. We stayed in an aparthotel with aircon (so no mosquitos) and the price included breakfast and 10% discount at dinner. Lovely swimming pool complex, nice beach with a beach bar so we could watch the kids play while having a drink grin and each night they had loads of fun at the small play park. We loved it. Also visited Venice from there which was a lovely experience.

saggyhairyarse Sun 26-Jul-09 22:03:49

FTMMJ

We are booked to go there in August! And I am a mossy magnet, arrrgghhh!

Did you fly there? We are planning on not hiring a car and using public transport, is this doable?

Any tips?

copycat Tue 28-Jul-09 22:25:18

Bella Italia at Lake Garda is nice too.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Mon 10-Aug-09 19:41:46

Leslaki - where fdo you fly into?

Leslaki Mon 10-Aug-09 23:00:18

Saggy - you should be able to get a bus - check www.avto.it and get local bus timetables. The buses run up and down the coast and are fab! I'm getting the bus this year. When you going? We're going Fri! yay!!!grin smile
Nappy we fly into Marco Polo at venice as the bus service etc is MUCH better than going to Treviso. Also you get a fab view of Venice from the air if you sit on the right! If you have a late afternoon flight then go early in morning,book luggage into left luggage and get water buses into venice or the island! Kids and I had a fab day in murano before our flight! DS (6) was horrified then v proud of himself when he needed a wee on water bus and I asked for the toilet - boat guy held him at the open door and told him to pee into the lagoon! Classy!!! DD then created cos she wanted to do it too!! blush at single mum with 2 classy kids weeing all over the place - or wanting to!!! In an attempt to redeem ourselves, they did appreciate the glass blowing on Murano tho (and only had posh ham, lentils and spring water for lunch tho - no froot shoots... honest!)

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 11-Aug-09 14:41:13

so how long is it on bus from marco polo to the resort or taxi or would you even dare hire a car or do they drive like possessed devils? it looks really good i am really tempted. How long is the flight from uk - we oop north and i a shoyte house flyer blush?

Leslaki Tue 11-Aug-09 23:38:23

It's about 40 mins but straight road and friends had no problems driving. But TBH you really don't need a car. Flight was about 2 hours I think!!! That was from gatwick but shouldn't be much lomger from the North. Car hire not necessary. Buses are coaches so comy and driver dels with luggage - just check on www.atvo.it and loook for eraclea mare - the campsite is the first stop out of town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now