Talk

Advanced search

Why does everyone roll their eyes when I mention Ibiza?

(17 Posts)
moopymoo Mon 13-Jul-09 07:20:51

Am starting to panic now. We are going next week. Have rented what looks like a beautiful villa in the middle of nowhere with a lovely pool. Please tell me that hidden Ibiza still exists and that I wont have to avert dcs eyes from 18-30 stuff every 5 mins? We are 5 km outside St Elulalia
(sp) anyone know any deserted coves good for ssnorkling? And reassure me it will be lovely and I dont need to go to Pasha??

bellavita Mon 13-Jul-09 07:22:03

<< rolls eyes >> grin

bellavita Mon 13-Jul-09 07:24:55

Sorry, that wasn't helpful was it?

I don't know, I assume it is because it may be have a reputation as being where all the clubbing kids go...

But that will be in the main bit I presume?

I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

moopymoo Mon 13-Jul-09 07:38:12

cheers..wink am about the opposite of a clubbing kid. think the flight will be full of them esp as we are flying from blackpool. aaargh...

PurlyQueen Mon 13-Jul-09 19:50:54

Ignore them! I love Ibiza and my clubbing days are well and truly over smile.

There's no need to see any 18-30 stuff if you don't want to. Avoid San Antonio - it's like a toilet. Ibiza Town is way more upmarket and a much nicer place for the kids and you'll see lots of families eating and drinking until late in the evening.

Lots of families go to Ibiza for holidays. You will have a lovely, chilled out time. I am v jealous!

Benirras beach and Cal Comte beaches are great for kids.

You will see loads of clubbers on your flight, but chances are you won't see them again until the return flight home.

bigspender30 Tue 14-Jul-09 16:42:03

We are going to Ibiza too-still looking for accomodation though. Which site did you use moopymoo? Am finding everything is really expensive and they wont negotiate on price!

moopymoo Wed 15-Jul-09 08:11:13

I used owners direct - was not too bad, and I notice that there are some late deals now. we are going here he is now selling the remaining weeks cheaper it looks like. (boo!)he does want a big 1000 euro security depoisit though which i am not chuffed about but hey ho!

bigspender30 Wed 15-Jul-09 12:16:08

Looks lovely! Out of our price range though...When are you going? Have a great time!

choppychopster Wed 15-Jul-09 16:49:10

Oooh! I love Ibiza. Am very jealous! envy

Not going this year unfortunately as the exchange rate and the rediculously swanky places that me and DH love to go (hangover from our young and childless days!) make it just too expensive.

We got married in Ibiza last year (church at San Agustin, then reception at a gorgeous villa nearby), but before our family and friends came out for the wedding we got nothing but jokes about foam parties and pills. Everyone who came was really impressed by how beautiful, stylish and relaxed the island was when they got there though.

I really like Santa Eularia as it's actually a proper town in it's own right, not just a tourist resort.I don't know the beaches on the north east of the island particularly well, but you'll find lots of information on www.ibiza-spotlight.com.

Stay away from San Antonio Town (although there are loads of lovely beaches and restaurants in the province of San Antonio)and Playa d'en Bossa if you want to avoid young, drunken chavs.

choppychopster Wed 15-Jul-09 16:56:31

Oh, be prepared to see a few casualties on the plane and at the airport. Lovely cabin crew on Jet2 rescued me, DH and DD from the middle of a very rowdy stag party and moved us to the front of teh plane last time we flew out there. Although still shudder at the thought of the two hideous 50 year old women who fell over drunk in the road at the airport and started screaming abuse at everyone in the taxi queue - makes you proud to be British. [hmmm]

bigspender30 Wed 15-Jul-09 17:10:55

oh my god haha!!!! Egg and chips brigade!
I will shield my DS's eyes on the plane!

moopymoo Thu 16-Jul-09 08:06:34

thanks choppy that link is great.we go on monday - am looking forward to it and to er, experiencing the flight! hope you find somewhere bigspender - I would try making almost silly offers to villa/apartment owners who still have summer availability - you never know!

piscesmoon Thu 16-Jul-09 08:16:33

My neighbours go a lot-they find it absolutely beautiful and quiet-it is like anywhere-you don't need to go near the clubbing parts.The plane journey may the worst part.

bigspender30 Thu 16-Jul-09 10:19:21

have a great time and let us know all about it when you get back! My friend raves about Santa Eul. Off to negotiate with some villa owners now!

bigspender30 Sun 02-Aug-09 22:05:47

moopymoo-how was the holiday?

Rollergirl1 Tue 04-Aug-09 11:54:58

We went with some friends and respective babies in tow a few years ago. We had a gorgeous villa right at the top of the island, just above Portinax, which is very very family orientated. But Ibiza is such a beautiful island so is def worth hiring a car and exploring. And as mentioned above you can easily steer clear of all the clubby bits.

Although having said that my best friend and I did go to Pasha (for old times sake) for a night while the DH's baby-sat the kids.

We got our villa through this place and seem to remember that we got a really good price.

girlsyearapart Tue 04-Aug-09 12:06:29

yes ibiza is beautiful went to santa eulalia.would go again but will prob choose another balearic as ibiza flight times are no good for the dcs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now