Talk

Advanced search

Turkey

(7 Posts)
Smurfgirl Sun 12-Jul-09 22:14:15

I quite fancy going to Turkey next year.

We like medium sized resorts but not 18-30s style resorts, not too bothered about culture but don't want every bar full of groups of teenagers getting pissed. Would prefer to be able to walk to a resort as opposed to having to drive to get anywhere.

Any resort recommendations? Anywhere to avoid?

Sorry so vague but am finding the brochures a bit confusing.

HolyGuacamole Mon 13-Jul-09 15:06:01

I got back from Antalya (Lara Beach) a month ago and it was fab but not a 'resort' as such. The hotels are mostly massive all-inclusive jobs along the beach with nowt much else apart from that. It suited us though, but we would have liked somewhere nice to go for long walks etc.

We did do a trip to Kemer and it's LOVELY! Beautiful beach, lovely town with lots of attractive shops, nice restaurants, very clean and tidy etc. Went during the day but it defo didn't look like a young persons piss up type of place. It's about 40 minutes from Antalya airport.

nicolasmum Tue 14-Jul-09 15:22:36

Try Akyaka[also called Gokova] in Turkey, small seaside village,1 hour from dalaman airport, with sandy blue flag beach and shallow sea.It's more of an older person/young family place as not enough for teenagers to do. No loud bars, plenty of places to eat,but no Sunday lunch or english bars. There are little boats on the river selling turkish food, transport to get around, tractor and trailor!!!! Anatolian sky, Thomas cook and H4U go but it's just as easy to arrange holiday for yourself...and cheaper. Anyone going with children childcare is provided in village by an english lady with childcare qualifications and police check etc. If anyone wants anymore info just ask....

Smurfgirl Tue 14-Jul-09 16:43:35

Thank you for the replies.

I don't really want AI but will look into those areas.

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 16:45:50

Kalkan
Gocek
Dalaman
Patara

are all nice and not too 18/30s
(not that I have been there for a bit)

Smurfgirl Tue 14-Jul-09 16:47:11

Cheers.

I hear very mixed reviews about turkey, my parents hated it but other friends love it and go back year after year. Its so much cheaper than anywhere else.

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 16:49:09

I haven't been for ages but dh and I used to go backpacking there
It's lovely as long as you steer clear of the kiss me quick bits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now