Talk

Advanced search

Paris with pre-schoolers

(4 Posts)
delphinedownunder Sun 12-Jul-09 03:56:13

My dh and I are planning a couple of nights in Paris with our two 3 year olds. Has anyone taken littlies to Paris and do you have any tips? We are looking for a place to stay (preferably an apartment), ideas of things to visit that might appeal to kids and recommendations of places to eat?

Claire2301 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:10:44

A lot of restaurants are very child friendly- as long as you don't go anywhere too formal. I've taken a 5,3 and 9 month old there and had no problems. Unfortunately I cant advise of any apartments as we stayed with relatives. Few people I know have used Ibis/Novotel hotels - for the simple reason you always know what to expext. Boat trip along the Seine, ice creams on Ile St Louis always go down well. Hope you have a nice time.

poppy34 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:20:16

Citadines also do apartments. jardins d'acclimation or zoo in Luxembourg gardens. There are ice cream sellers plus kiddy rides usually in tuileiries. Generally if you get out of very centre -most parks or squares have kids play parks. I think time out guide has good bit on kids.
Most restaurants better than here re kids and will usually offer something they will like to eat. Found it easier there than here with my Now one year old than London.

poppy34 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:22:27

Only note of caution is that it can get hot in Paris ESP in an apartment and not all have air con so word of warning if you go in summer. Also if you are taking a pushchair be prepared for steps on metro

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now