Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a hotel in Egypt (Red Sea)?

(6 Posts)
InTheZenGarden Fri 10-Jul-09 08:35:28

Hi,
Not sure if Egypt counts as longhaul or shorthaul, so I'll post this in both!

We plan to go in November, DD will be 19 months. Ideally we would like interconnecting rooms/a separate part to our room, so we don't have the cot in with us.

Somewhere child friendly, childrens pools etc, but don't need kids clubs as she is too young for that!

She loves the beach, so a good beach is a must.

We've only ever been to Egypt pre-DD for diving, so this is a totally new experience for us, we now have completely different requirements! Whilst we won't be diving this time, it would be good to do a bit of snorkelling, albeit one at a time, while the other looks after DD

Ideally would like to fly from East Midlands, so I think that limits us to Sharm, tho we would drive to Birmingham or Manchester if we had to

TIA for any help

Page62 Mon 13-Jul-09 08:58:25

four seasons seem to get the best write up

sarahsmummy Mon 13-Jul-09 10:40:20

Bumping as I have almost identical question - am looking at Sharm for week in Oct/Nov with DH and DD who will be 2.9. Looking for beach, pool, playground, child-friendly eating and decent sized rooms; an indoor pool would be good for later in evening. Was looking at the 2 Hiltons - Dreams and Fayrouz but will go and look at 4 Seasons now.

Also, any advice on who to book through?

Will be last holiday before arrival of DC2 in Feb so needs to tick lots of boxes!

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Wed 15-Jul-09 12:55:07

I know a lot of people who have been to First Choice Holiday Village and said its fab

we are thinking of going this winter

LilRedWG Sat 25-Jul-09 15:48:01

Beetroot recommended the Sofitel Taba Heights to me and we went with DD in December 2006 for our tenth wedding anniversary. DD was 19 months at the time.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff were fantastically helpful and kind to DD. As one member of staff said to us, Taba Heights is in the Arabic part of Egypt and all Arabs love children.

The hotel is literally on the beach with great wind breaks and loungers and the pools were great, although I found them a little cool - DH and DD had great fun in them. There are two little play areas, one on the beach and one on grass in the hotel.

DD was milk protein intollerant at the time and the chefs took plenty of time to help me pick food for her from the buffet, which had no milk in. If they ever weren't sure they fetched the head chef.

We booked with First Choice and flew from Gatwick but they now fly from Birmingham.

DH said snorkelling was great (I was too lazy).

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I can't wait to go back there in a year or two.

LilRedWG Sat 25-Jul-09 15:52:19

We had the cot in with us, but you could book interconnecting rooms if you wanted.

The cot itself was a lovely wooden one, with a good quality matress, shhet and blanket, not a cheap and nasty plywood or travel-type one, that some hotels provide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now