Talk

Advanced search

Puerto Pollensa- which hotel? (Miramar/Playa Mar/Puerto Azul/Duva/Flora)

(7 Posts)
saladodger Mon 06-Jul-09 19:35:08

These are the hotels which are coming up as available in September. We want a package (3/4 star), me, DH and DD (age 4). Has anyone been to any of these? Not too bothered about entertainment, priorities are nice high standard accommodation, near to pine walk/ good beaches, etc. If you went, did you do half board (not something I'd normally do but what with exchange rate being bad would be ok to have some meals in hotel), if so was food any good?

Thank you!!

Seeline Tue 07-Jul-09 12:02:09

We went to the Playa de MAr last year and had a lovely time (apart from the weather!) Apartment was clean and not too cramped, with basic but good kitchen facilities. The pool area was lovely, with a sloping beach-style pool for the children. We went half board, and whilst the restaurant was busy, if you got there early it wasn't too bad. Buffet style - help youself with special childrens buffet if they like chips, nuggets, sausages etc. Ours just took what they fancied from all round - salad bar, hot mains etc. Not restaurant quality but definitely edible! Also thoroughly enjoyed the Thompson run childrens clubs.
Not too far from the pine walk, and some nice little sandy beach ares nearby. Bit of a walk takes you to the main beach at the other end of the pine walk.

saladodger Fri 10-Jul-09 14:19:36

Sounds great, thank you. Some of the trip advisor reports mention it's very noisy (entertainment and music all day), did you find that to be the case?

LaDiDaDi Fri 10-Jul-09 14:22:16

I was there last year but in apartments.

IIRC then Puerto Azul and Flora are too far away from the square and pine walk imo. Puerto Azul is right up next to the airforce base and Flora is on the road to Pollensa itself rather than near the beach and port.

Not sure about the others.

Ruthiebabes Fri 10-Jul-09 16:58:47

I must disagree with the previous post, Playa Mar (not Puerto Azul) is up near the airforce base. Puerto Azul and Flora are very near to Pine Walk and the square. In fact Puerto Azul is only a couple of mins walk from Pine Walk, we used to park our car outside it last year then walk up to Pine Walk.

girlywhirly Fri 10-Jul-09 17:25:59

We stayed at the Miramar, but with no children! It is on the pedestrian way just across from the beach, so no pool. (Less of an issue if so close to the beach.) No entertainment, and a rather grown-up feel, although I did see a couple of children at breakfast, probably better for adults. We were on a bed and breakfast basis, didn't eat there in the evening.

I do recommend browsing the website puertopollensa.com for restaurant reviews and other information, all are very welcoming of children.

LaDiDaDi Fri 10-Jul-09 18:05:57

Ah, sorry I clearly didn't recall correctly!

I think Puerto Azul is just behind where we stayed then, it was a bit noisy, we could hear it from our apartments but not late at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now