Talk

Advanced search

Northern Italy or Liguria

(7 Posts)
pickupthismess Sat 04-Jul-09 17:23:55

Can anyone recommend a really nice place (prefer self catering)in Northern Italy (lakes, dolomites, piemonte etc) or coastal area of Liguria. Our LOs are 3&5. HELP! We can't find anywhere.

Leslaki Mon 06-Jul-09 21:50:05

this is fab but in veneto region near Venice so goiod we're going back in August - got everything you need and can do trips to venice and the Lkaes (although I think it would be a long drive to the lakes - people did it last year) Site and beach and local towns so good it was hard to leave even for the day!

DebInAustria Tue 07-Jul-09 09:24:26

Leslaki, was wondering if you'd reply to this, we're thinking of going at the end of August, it's about a 4 hour drive for us. What accommodation did you stay in? What were the restaurants/shop like? Was there Wifi when you were there last? Is it free? (v important to dh)

Apologies to pickupthismiess for hijacking

DebInAustria Tue 07-Jul-09 09:25:59

Also are mosquitoes a problem?

Greatfun Tue 07-Jul-09 14:00:04

Sorry to butt in but we like this too. We were thinking of going around 17th August. Is it busy and noisy at that time because if so we could go the first week of September instead. Thanks.

DebInAustria Tue 07-Jul-09 19:08:46

Go the 1st week of September and we'll have someone English to speak to (currently living in Austria in a tiny village - only English)

pickupthismess Tue 07-Jul-09 21:19:53

Thank you all. Leslaki, is this site a bit basic? DH only ever books us into 5* places and though it looks great for the kids I am worried it'll be a bit Butlins ish (not that I've been to Butlins but you know what I mean).

I found some v swish 'holiday villages' in lake garda but they are all booked up. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now